Re: MSWMM to avi

cecilia wrote:
John, while looking for the answer of my question is that i came
across that same article (the first one you suggested) and there is
where it says that the vista has to be premium or ultimate, and
therefoe i came up with my question.
because when i click publish the video, i do not have an opcion of
"DVD". (only CD, email, etc)

do you know if i can make my proyect a movie on the vista home basic?
or do you know a program which can convert the extention of the MSWMM
to avi or similar?

thanks
cecilia
=================================
First...you *Publish* the project...this creates
your .wmv or .avi Movie file and allows you
to save it on your hard drive.

Following the instructions I posted about
Publishing will help you create a .wmv Movie
file.

Windows Vista -
Publish a movie in
Windows Movie Maker
http://tinyurl.com/2lo4gp
or...
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/4ea4b6cd-0cfe-4d02-8122-16c28828cdf21033.mspx

The following link explains about .avi files:

Movie Maker in Vista -
Publishing / Quality Profiles
http://www.papajohn.org/Vista-Publishing.html

Once you have the completed .wmv or .avi file
saved on your hard drive....you;;have to obtain
DVD Authoring software to create your DVD.

The following free software may be worth a try
for creating your DVD:

DVD Flick
http://www.dvdflick.net/

Be sure to read the Guide:
http://www.dvdflick.net/guide.php

If you have problems downloading DVD Flick...
try the following direct link:

http://tinyurl.com/dvdflick
or...
http://voxel.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/dvdflick/dvdflick_setup_1.2.2.1.exe

Save the file to a folder on your hard drive and
install from there.

Tutorials:

DVD Flick Tutorial
http://beginwithsoftware.com/videoguides/dvd-flick-guide.html