Re: Creating and saving file thumbnails

"MikeS" <MikeS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schreef in bericht news:112341AE-C3FD-42C8-8F91-392F9C6729A8@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
When I first display the pictures in a folder it takes a long time to
generate the thumbnails. Every time I page down to see another screenful I
have to wait.

If the folder type is Pictures and Videos can the thumbnails be:

o Generated automatically (in anticipation of need) for the entire folder,
not just for the files currently being displayed?

o Saved, for the next time the folder is opened?

Even better. since I have 4 processors, could thumbnail generation be done
in background? As the folder is created or its contents is maintained?

--
Mike Stoner

My experience is that thumbnails are generated much faster from cardreader or USB sticks (USB2) than from HD.

.