Re: Creating and saving file thumbnails

"MikeS" <MikeS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schreef in bericht news:112341AE-C3FD-42C8-8F91-392F9C6729A8@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
When I first display the pictures in a folder it takes a long time to
generate the thumbnails. Every time I page down to see another screenful I
have to wait.

If the folder type is Pictures and Videos can the thumbnails be:

o Generated automatically (in anticipation of need) for the entire folder,
not just for the files currently being displayed?

o Saved, for the next time the folder is opened?

Even better. since I have 4 processors, could thumbnail generation be done
in background? As the folder is created or its contents is maintained?

--
Mike Stoner

My experience is that thumbnails are generated much faster from cardreader or USB sticks (USB2) than from HD.

  • Re: Disable folder previews in My Pictures?
    ... >> allow me to have the Details view of this folder WHEN ... It's as if this Thumbnails View is ... >IE screen with your My Pictures Screen and... ... >John Inzer ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos)
  • smeared display windows xp home
    ... are faint stripes across the whole display where the text is. ... occasionally the computer does not remember the folder settings(display ... thumbnails, icons, list settings.) ... display when watching dvds or looking at pictures. ...
  • Re: Printing thumbnails
    ... | I think if u had thumbs turned on in folder, ... Found a great album ... How can I print out thumbnails of the ... pictures in folders? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Keeping photos in a certain order
    ... Sure you can move thumbnails around and play a slide show with the new ... order, but, when you close the folder and open it again you will see that ... If you need to batch rename and number, you can do this easily with XP. ... Copy the photos you want to place in a particular order into this new ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos)
  • Re: Dont put your pictures into "My Pictures"
    ... delay at 100% CPU while those 30,000 pictures are harvested ... folder was for! ... "Do not cache thumbnails" option. ... (so to NOT cache the thumbnail views of images in a folder). ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)