Re: Creating and saving file thumbnails

"MikeS" <MikeS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schreef in bericht news:112341AE-C3FD-42C8-8F91-392F9C6729A8@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
When I first display the pictures in a folder it takes a long time to
generate the thumbnails. Every time I page down to see another screenful I
have to wait.

If the folder type is Pictures and Videos can the thumbnails be:

o Generated automatically (in anticipation of need) for the entire folder,
not just for the files currently being displayed?

o Saved, for the next time the folder is opened?

Even better. since I have 4 processors, could thumbnail generation be done
in background? As the folder is created or its contents is maintained?

Mike Stoner

My experience is that thumbnails are generated much faster from cardreader or USB sticks (USB2) than from HD.