Re: Windows Media Stops Working with DVDs

Thanks zach. Registered the dll without problem. The AC3Filter came from
download link provided by forum moderator on 'www.altools.com'
(http://www.altools.com) site. This was suggested since I had no audio
on .avi and .mpg files when played which this solved. I uninstalled as
you suggested and am back to no audio. Playing .avi with WMP has video
no sound. Playing .mpg has audio but no video-only visual effects.
Playing DVDs player opens but has popup window that cannot play and to
adjust Windows display settings. My computer ASUS does not have Vista
DVD but Recovery CD and I am not sure if can do repair of this issue
without complete reinstall. I would not have started all this but had
the problems.
Thanks,
Bob

--
DoctorA

  • Jon Ds 2 audio clips for our esteemed perusal
    ... This is in response to a thread that Jon started on December 18 titled "2 audio clips for your esteemed perusal" I finally got around to playing with the unprocessed mp3 a little. ... can make things sound thin and distant, but compression and limiting can ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
  • Re: Question for users of K&K PWM p/u
    ... this is Internet audio (and video). ... Hank say there is better gear. ... As is, for my meager attempts at "playing out", I can't justify a ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)
    ... "Ty Ford" wrote in message ... this is Internet audio (and video). ... As is, for my meager attempts at "playing out", I can't justify a ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)
  • Re: Packed Lunches, Wakey Wakey, Bathing, Eggs
    ... things - playing while miserable doesn't work. ... are you after digital or stereo audio outs? ... think I've got cables that'll do each. ... Apparently the only cure is to have analogue sound output. ...
    (uk.games.video.misc)
  • Re: Compaq Armada 1520DM Laptop CD Rom Drive Problem
    ... ago, it started to have difficultly reading a CD rom, or playing an audio ... "playing" (audio) the CD. ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)