Re: Windows Media Stops Working with DVDs

Thanks zach. Registered the dll without problem. The AC3Filter came from
download link provided by forum moderator on 'www.altools.com'
(http://www.altools.com) site. This was suggested since I had no audio
on .avi and .mpg files when played which this solved. I uninstalled as
you suggested and am back to no audio. Playing .avi with WMP has video
no sound. Playing .mpg has audio but no video-only visual effects.
Playing DVDs player opens but has popup window that cannot play and to
adjust Windows display settings. My computer ASUS does not have Vista
DVD but Recovery CD and I am not sure if can do repair of this issue
without complete reinstall. I would not have started all this but had
the problems.
Thanks,
Bob

--