Movie Maker Timeline error

When importing a video from my sony camcorder into Vista Movie Maker I
have a problem. The video-file plays fine as it is in other programs but
when dragging to the timeline the length is extended hugely. For example
a 2 min clip shows as 8 hours.
When importing a clip that is longer than 5 min I get an error message
that the clip is longer than 24 hours and then I cant edit it.
Anyone who might come up with a sollution?

--
Brageus

  • Re: System memory and Moviemaker performance
    ... Yes, your specs are fine.... ... at your point of importing source files to use, ... > Do my system specs sound adequate for a clip of this size? ... >>> I used my capture device to capture about 40 mins of video, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Sony High Definition Camcorder
    ... We've seen a clip shot on a new Sony High Definition camcorder, ... a computer using Vegas 6, imported and edited in Movie Maker 2, and rendered ... Discussion about it is ongoing in the Capturing and Importing Media forum at ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Re: Importing videos to collections
    ... I am not sure if this will really elaborate a bit or not but... ... Now if you want them all in one collection you need to either use one of the collections created or create a new one and then go to each collection separately and drag the clip to the one collection the same as you would move a file using Windows Explorer. ... I created a new collection and "think" I moved video clips into it as you suggested, but I still can't see any more than one clip at a time. ... You have to move it to the collection you want after importing it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Re: Only importing part of clip
    ... I have never tried importing such a large clip using Movie Maker and maybe ... Otherwise it could be an indexing problem which could easily be resolved ... >> If your capturing I agree with Papajohn but if your just importing there ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)