Re: mp3 to wav

I do believe you Zach, but for XP there was no problem, the codec was
available without extra payment. I heard that there were some problems with
soms licence in Vista but don't know if that's the reason.
Those setting are in XP also available in the audio recorder that is
includes in accessories (bureau accessoires), but again in Vista they fail.
I'm still hoping someone had a solution for this problem, preferrably for
Switch. I do need 2 other programmes now for what Switch can combine. So ....

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

I believe you would want to acquire an MP3 encoder - I believe that's
generally a for-pay codec, though. =\

"Gosia" <Gosia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
In XP i use Switch from NCH to convert music files. From mp3 to wav with
encoder settings in Mpeg Layer-3 with 56 kb/24000Hz stereo and 6kb/sec to
have a small file to be included in powerpoint. I installed the same exe
file on my Vista home premium laptop and I can't find the Mpeg Layer-3
anymore. What can I do? Someone who can help me?
Thanks a lot.
Gosia

  • Re: Vista & WM11 wont play some (most) wma files that XP PC can p
    ... I rebooted the Vista PC and the CD worked. ... I ripped a song within WMA using these settings and none worked: ... Media Audio, Windows Media Audio Pro, Windows Media Audio ... The file audio codec is: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Media Player 11 Codec Plugins On Windows Vista Business
    ... Vista Business, or I wouldn't be up here on this forum, desperately seeking ... apparently still as dead as a doornail until it gets its "own" codec plugin. ... I want to use Media Player 11 and not ... The NVIDIA Purevideo DVD Decoder software is designed to be used ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: No AVI out of box!!! What gives????
    ... There is no video codec listed for the non-working Vista systems. ... You would need to go purchase an AC3 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Vista Wont Read CDs
    ... mp3 codec. ... since he made them using XP that Vista won't read them. ... A free viewer that will display most picture formats (and ...
  • Re: Vista & WM11 wont play some (most) wma files that XP PC can p
    ... The file reviewed did NOT have a video component. ... A Vista PC Home Premium with WM11 and an external shared network hard ... The file audio codec is: ... "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)