Re: WMF/JPEG Thumbnails won't show

pandora wrote:
I am unable to get my hundreds of pieces of wmf & jpeg clipart pieces
to show as thumbnails, only as a generic program file (Usually
Paintbrush). My previous three computers had no problems with the
clipart.
I have:
- Unchecked "always show as icons.."
- Messed with folder options
- Spent 35 minutes on remote assist with Dell- they say Vista sees
these files as some sort of spyware.
- Done the Vista Forum tutorials for turning thumbnails on/off
- Tried changing the registry

I need to be able to quickly see what all the theumbnails are and not
have to click individually.

Any advice would be appreciated.
===================================
Have a look at the following article:

Why can I not view the thumbnails for WMF files
in Vista like I was able to in Windows XP?
http://thevistaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=25399

You should be able to view your .wmf thumbs
with the freeware IrfanView. Once you have the
program downloaded and installed open it and
go to...File / Thumbnails...(or just type T ) then
browse to the files you wish to view.

IrfanView Graphic Viewer
http://www.software.com/irfanview
(get the plug-ins too)
http://www.software.com/irfanview-plugin

As for the JPEG thumbs...maybe the following
link will be useful:

File association fixes for Windows Vista
http://tinyurl.com/2xsewp
or...
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/105/1/File-association-fixes-for-Windows-Vista.html

--