Re: DVD Default Program

cisbrane;797414 Wrote:
Hello,

I have a DVD Video program that I prefer over Media Center. I have set
my AutoPlay to automatically load it when I insert my DVD, but I can not
at all figure out how to set it to be the default program when you
double click on the DVD icon from Computer folder.

I found one site that had listed modifications to the registry at:
HEKY_CLASSES_ROOT \ DVD \ shell \ play \ command \

I am not sure if I can simply change this program value to my other one
or not. I am kind of afraid of registry modifications on other people's
computers.

I tried the more friendly route of Control Panel->Default Programs, but
it was not listed here! only in AutoPlay settings no where else.

thank you for any help.

Hi Cisbrane,

Check to see if your DVD program has an option or setting in it to make
it the default program. If not, then you can use Default Programs to set
what "Current Default Program" is used to open a file extension with
instead. You can do this with all of the video file extensions that are
support by your DVD program. This tutorial will show you how to.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/69758-default-programs.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*

  • Re: WMP11b2: DVD behavior
    ... (WMP's handling of auto-insert notification without regards to AutoPlay). ... foreground when the DVD is inserted generally understandably outweigh you, ... When WMP11 receives an AutoPlay notification, isn't it up to WMP11 what ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • RE: Autoplay doesnt work when inserting dvds/cds
    ... How to Configure CD and DVD Autoplay in Windows XP ... Have inserted a disc which has pictures and documents and it didn't give me ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Not a valid Win32 application during DVD Autoplay
    ... Restore defaults of AutoPlay ... I also suggest we restart the computer in Safe Mode to see if the problem ... Microsoft Global Technical Support Center ... Not a valid Win32 application during DVD Autoplay ...
  • Re: DVDs wont burn
    ... So I tried making another one, leaving my laptop alone as Windows DVD Maker did its thing. ... Autoplay start working again. ... when I fixed that, it also fixed Autoplay. ... AutoRun is working on the 1 CD drive and two DVD drives. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: windowsmedia player hijacks Win DVD shortcut in autoplay
    ... This is a bug in that version of WinDVD where they're mistakenly registering ... their AutoPlay handler to the system generic type for DVD. ... microsoft dot com (I wrote WMP's support for AutoPlay here). ... > play the DVD in either windowsmedia player or in WinDVD. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)