Re: WMP 11 in Vista will not play MPG files

About a month ago I lost my windows media abilities to play and save the
temporary files, which seem to vanish from sites after a while, this
happened after I was prompted to update, well... I was sending an e-mail
at the time, was 45 minutes into writing it, so I clicked on "postpone
until later", but it went ahead and shut down right awat anyway so I
lost the entire draft and the attached files.

When it was finished, I could not play mpeg or avi files anymore. Nor
can I use the options to reset the features because those boxes that are
supposed to be either checked or empty, have a grey checkmark in them,
indicating the are not at my control anydaylightmore. So, it has shut me
out. plus my laptop was tasking continuosly, using tons of memory, and
creating registry errors. Activex file seems to be damaged or missing
components.

So I'm very close to un-installing Vista and going for a clean
re-instalation to try to recory the attributes that I payed for when I
bought the notebook. I since have dis-abled the automatic updates... and
of course need to know whats the best way to get back on track without
getting shut down, shut out, or tweaked by Microsoft that disable
pre-installed software and settings. You might say I'm put out $$$$,
time and... need help!

Busyboy
(thecrosbyguy @ yahoo dot com)

--
Busyboy

  • Re: WMP 11 in Vista will not play MPG files
    ... About a month ago I lost my windows media abilities to play and save the ... temporary files, which seem to vanish from sites after a while, this ... I could not play mpeg or avi files anymore. ...
  • Andy Murray: Dont write Rafael Nadal off
    ... This might be my eighth Wimbledon but I still feel the nerves, the pressure and the excitement to get out there on the court. ... He didn't have a warm-up event on grass after the French Open and he was playing against a guy who likes playing on grass - Darcis beat Tomas Berdych in the first round of the Olympics here last year, ... Sometimes they make no difference to how you play, sometimes they make a big difference, but the thing with injuries is that if you say something about it afterwards, you're called a sore loser. ... It feels like a big surprise that Rafa is out, and last year it was a huge shock when he lost to Lukas Rosol, but I'm sure that in the years to come it won't be so surprising because there's going to be more guys coming up and challenging. ...
    (rec.sport.tennis)
  • a very good sampras i/v ... right before the 96 AO (hope its not posted already)
    ... Pete lost his number one spot and his confidence. ... Tim still had a mark from his fall in Stockholm. ... told myself I wanted to play and had to win. ... I just wanna play my game." ...
    (rec.sport.tennis)
  • Re: Losing The Will To Play Guitar
    ... You don't make it clear whether you have lost your will to play guitar, or your will to perform for other people or your will to play gigs. ... If you have lost your will to play gigs, then smile that you have finally attained some common sense and recognized the insanity of a business that requires dazzling skill and expensive equipment to earn less pay than the waiters where you perform. ... I work as a consulting psychologist in 11 nursing homes and thus am in them about 40 hours a week. ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
  • Re: Nadals preparation for RG
    ... Nadal was right to say that his preparation was exactly the same as in ... Each day I play better,and I think, you know, this is what it's all ... Q. Do you think you maybe played too many tournaments lately? ... This year I play the same and I lost. ...
    (rec.sport.tennis)