Re: Windows Media Player crashes when I click on Technical Support

Thanks Zachd! I finally got it. I had to disable some IE 7 add-ons, any
non-Microsoft add-ons. Once I did that I was able to upgrade the DRM using
the web page.

I stumbled upon it by running IE 7 without add-ons from the System Tools
menu. It wouldn't work without any add-ons but it didn't crash when I got the
page.

Now the Technical Support Information works as well as the removable devices.

You do great work

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

This guarantees that indiv01.key is actually on your system and that you
have not removed the DRM folder as you needed to according to the KB.

So you could go to "actual support" if you want to at this point, or you can
use the KB solution. Either one should get you moving again. =)

"mjmcn" <mjmcn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Thanks for the help, but it looks like I have to go to "actual support".
The
DRM folder only contained a folder called "Server" after deleting it I
attempted to Individualize through the website and IE 7.0 crashed before I
could even click on "Upgrade" with the following results

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: iexplore.exe
Application Version: 7.0.6001.18000
Application Timestamp: 47918f11
Fault Module Name: Indiv01.key
Fault Module Version: 11.0.6000.7000
Fault Module Timestamp: 474e8602
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000af4de
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 872076152

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

No "performindiv" could not possibly fix this. You need to follow the
reset
the DRM store steps and then you should be good.

rights.
--
"MJMCN" <MJMCN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I'm not sure how I go in this state. I upgraded my Dell 4600C, with 2GB
of
RAM, a NVIDIA 6200 graphics card, a larger HD and then installed
Windows
Vista Ultimate from scratch. My son's memory isn't great but he said
this
problem has existed for a while; probably when i went from XP to Vista.

I tried the Indiv fix "%SystemRoot%\system32\unregmp2.exe
/PerformIndiv"
from your website but that crashed as well. Here is the info

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: unregmp2.exe
Application Version: 11.0.6001.7000
Application Timestamp: 47919359
Fault Module Name: Indiv01.key
Fault Module Version: 11.0.6000.7000
Fault Module Timestamp: 474e8602
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000ac4f1
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 870801235

Do I need to try resetting the DRM store next?

Thanks for your quick responses!

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

How did you get into this state? Had you done a processor upgrade, or
what
led to this crash? If it was a processor upgrade, could you provide
the
details of what you upgraded here?

http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#indiv
should likely fix this up.

rights.
--
"MJMCN" <MJMCN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Windows Media Player 11 crashes when I click Technical Support
Information
in
the About Windows Media Player dialog window. It also crashes when I
connect
removable media such as USB key or MP3 player.

Here is the info for the first type of crash:

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: wmplayer.exe
Application Version: 11.0.6001.7000
Application Timestamp: 47919356
Fault Module Name: Indiv01.key
Fault Module Version: 11.0.6000.7000
Fault Module Timestamp: 474e8602
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000ae9ca
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: d49c
Additional Information 2: 15e92594c6f01700df814c60650ec3fe
Additional Information 3: 94da
Additional Information 4: 9aca830bfecaa0606675f8cc77de3ad6

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 869555093

Here is the info for the second type of crash:

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: wmplayer.exe
Application Version: 11.0.6001.7000
Application Timestamp: 47919356
Fault Module Name: Indiv01.key
Fault Module Version: 11.0.6000.7000
Fault Module Timestamp: 474e8602
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000aa580
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 869572937

I hop you can help

.