Re: Windows Media Center with no Internet Connection

For me ..if I dont have broadband access at home I probably wouldnt
bother owning a pc. I stopped doing dialup 12+ years ago and have no
intention of ever wasting my time with dialup.

Especially in use of Media Center. But if You can get the OTA
channels without internet go for it... like the guy said you might
initially need to go internet to get setup... but once done, be ok..

If you are going to do that, I would also go ahead and make that pc a
dedicated media center.

I relize I have a problem visualizing why bother if not connected.. But
thats because I am 100% used to using the internet for my finances,
bills, etc..

And likely wouldnt even bother with computers if I didnt have the
connection.

--
Tulsaboyw

  • Re: Old Computer Parts
    ... available documentation assumed you know what you're doing. ... people take thier superfast internet ... Don't let it bother ... If some guru hadn't taken some of his ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Re. can forth do this ?
    ... ever get deleted from the internet. ... designed sites with good info that's pretty easy to reference and ... layout did bother me for a number of years, ...
    (comp.lang.forth)
  • Re: Where does your tv license fee go?
    ... ::: For instance, if I didnt shop at Asda, why would it bother me how ... the behaviour of an organisation outside just its prices ... prices between the different supermarkets. ... i just wouldnt use them. ...
    (uk.politics.misc)
  • Re: Tutorial challenge program help
    ... capital letters and end with some form of punctuation, ... I did not think it would bother anyone as it does not bother ... I interact with on the internet. ... my apologies, I have never used a forum like this before and I did not ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: Why is smooth mono?
    ... stations - which I can get on the internet anyway. ... cost me every few years I just won't bother to replace the kit. ...
    (uk.tech.broadcast)