Re: No Video on Movie Maker Import from DV Camera in wmv format

Sate wrote:
Clicking Import from DV Camera in Vista Movie Maker and choosing one
of the wmv formats (rather than avi) results in green screen with
audio in MM. It's not the file, as the same green screen file in MM
plays in WMP and works on my old Windows XP MM program on another
computer. Import from DV Camera using the avi format works fine in
MM, but takes 13g per hour as opposed to 2g per hour for the wmv
format, which is why I need the latter for long videos (2 hours). I
tried converting wmv to avi using Prism, as someone mentioned on
here, but now it's black screen video with audio, so no go. Any help
would be appreciated; it's incredibly frustrating that my newer Vista
machine can't do what my older XP does.
Just wondering...are you burning these imported files
on Data DVDs or Video DVDs? The reason I ask is
because when burning a Video DVD...the determining
factor is the duration of the source file not the memory size.

--

John Inzer
MS Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

  • Re: Best Video Format?
    ... WMV is the format I would use. ... read and understand video formatting for use in PowerPoint. ... Right now I am getting .avi using dozens of different codecs... ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: Novice: First steps with VirtualDub
    ... >original MPEG file into some other format, ... >yet-unspecified video and audio codecs), ... >2.0 only supports saving in WMV/ASF format - or, in DV AVI format, ...
    (rec.video.desktop)
  • Re: Lightweight Editing using GMFBridge
    ... keep DES from decompressing and recompressing DV video. ... The object is to combine clips to a standard formatted AVI. ... one for DV video in AVI files, one for WMV files. ... Setting the Sync Source didn't work with WMV output. ...
  • Lightweight Editing using GMFBridge
    ... keep DES from decompressing and recompressing DV video. ... The object is to combine clips to a standard formatted AVI. ... one for DV video in AVI files, one for WMV files. ... The DVSD filter is an in-place transform filter that insists on DVSD ...
  • Re: Ask Technica Umratica
    ... to convert .mp4 to avi, mpg, wmv, flv or mov. ... I don't know anything about video formats, so any advice would be appreciated. ... It's half-intended to make it easier to "download" videos in the format you desire, but it can just as easily be run on files you already have. ... firstly, always _try_ to get an installer from the program's home website, not a repository like CNET. ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)