Re: Help with photo import format

What is the file name as recorded by the camera? Generally, importing
photos will not change the name, so look in the camera setup menu for an
option to name the files with the date/time and the format that you want to
use. If you are using Photo Gallery to do the importing then the file names
may be changed during the import - select the File menu option then Options
then Import and then File Name and make sure that '"Original File Name' is
selected.

Otherwise, use any of the available file rename utilities to rename all
photos into the required format.
http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Download.php
http://www.fileaward.com/System-Utilities/Others/bulk_rename_utility.html
etc
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
"shlov1" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

I just imported my photos from my camera using the import feature and I
have a question about the format. The created file is in the day,
month, year format. Is there a way to change it to the traditional US
month, day, year format? Thanks.

--
shlov1

.