Re: Help with photo import format

What is the file name as recorded by the camera? Generally, importing
photos will not change the name, so look in the camera setup menu for an
option to name the files with the date/time and the format that you want to
use. If you are using Photo Gallery to do the importing then the file names
may be changed during the import - select the File menu option then Options
then Import and then File Name and make sure that '"Original File Name' is
selected.

Otherwise, use any of the available file rename utilities to rename all
photos into the required format.
http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Download.php
http://www.fileaward.com/System-Utilities/Others/bulk_rename_utility.html
etc
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
"shlov1" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

I just imported my photos from my camera using the import feature and I
have a question about the format. The created file is in the day,
month, year format. Is there a way to change it to the traditional US
month, day, year format? Thanks.

--
shlov1

  • Re: How do I delete photographs from an iPad?
    ... where photos taken by the built-in camera, ... internally, it's called the camera roll, which is sometimes called ... apple calls it the camera roll when discussing importing them: ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Nikon D70 File Problem.....
    ... 512 Mb flash card which was formatted in the camera since the usage. ... I set the camera to save the photos in "Raw + JPEG Basic" format. ... In the folder 100NCD70 folder, ...
    (rec.photo.digital.slr-systems)
  • Re: Uploading photos from canon camera to PC
    ... pictures from card to PC and every couple of months i back up photos. ... I have noticed that the old photos on PC had format 123_0001.jpg, ... The slow tedious way is to rename the file once it gets to the computer. ... Yet another way is if your camera has a setting to change the naming ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Uploading photos from canon camera to PC
    ... pictures from card to PC and every couple of months i back up photos. ... I have noticed that the old photos on PC had format 123_0001.jpg, ... Get your lady wife to try copying the images from the Camera to the HDD ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: I copied my pictures to CD then wrote them to disc but have go
    ... Just remember not to Format the camera's internal card or you will lose all your ... After you check that you have the photos on your hard drive and then on the ... delete the file from your memory card using your camera. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos)