Re: Burning CDRs

I don't know what message that you're talking about so I'm assuming the
message is an autoplay pop-up menu. Check your Autoplay defaults in Control
Panel.

The other problem: seems that you're burning a data disc and not an audio
disc. Be sure to use WMPlayer to burn an audio CD. In WMP check the Burn tab
and be sure that you're burning an audio disc and not a data disc.
--
oscar :)

....Right click is your best friend...

"Lisa" wrote:

Thanks but it really doesn't address my question. I don't understand why I'm
getting a message asking me to insert a CD when one is already in the drive.
This happens on my desktop as well as my laptop.

"John Inzer" <oobie@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Lisa wrote:
I am unable to burn music to a CDR. I have no problem burning DVDs.
When I burn
CDRs they play on my laptop and desktop but do not play in my car. In
re-reading the instructions, it says to rip the files first but when
I do this, I get a message that I must insert a CD. A Cd in already
inserted in the drive. Can anyone help me?
====================================
I don't know which instructions you read...maybe
the following links will offer something useful:

Windows Vista -
Rip music from a CD
http://tinyurl.com/2jfc3y
or...
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/dcee3798-8afb-4f55-b17d-fed1c85da6531033.mspx#EP

Windows Media Player 11 for Windows Vista
Burn Your Own Customized Audio CDs
http://tinyurl.com/3yznpz
or...
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/knowledgecenter/howto/mp11_wv/burn.aspx

--

John Inzer
MS Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

  • Express Burn Burning Software 4.04
    ... Express Burn is a free cd burning program for Windows that lets you ... create and record audio and data CDs under Windows. ... DVD authoring, the ability to burn Data DVDs, HD-DVDs and Blu-ray ...
    (comp.software.shareware.announce)
  • Re: Simpliest program to make data cd but nhot using xp software
    ... GSA-H62N will burn audio CD and DVD. ... Subject: CD/DVD Authoring ... Sun cd/dvd BURNER - http://www.etexchange.com/home/ripper.htm ...
    (comp.publish.cdrom.software)
  • Express Burn for Mac 4.06
    ... Express Burn is a free cd burning program for Mac OS X that lets you ... create and record audio and data CDs. ... HD-DVDs and Blu-ray Discs. ...
    (comp.software.shareware.announce)
  • Re: HP Elite m9070a Desktop - burn Audio CD problem
    ... Used Burn4Free to burn an Audio CD using Copy mode first and then converted MP3 to Audio ... All CD's played on HP computer but not on home CD player. ... So from the above I confirmed that the software on my HP computer is in fact burning the Audio CDs. ...
    (comp.sys.hp.hardware)
  • Re: writing mac cdr image file to pac
    ... But the disk isn't recognized as an audio disk. ... Can someone tell me if it's possible to burn this disk on a PC and, if so, ... A .cdr track is probably pure audio data, in CD-audio format (16-bit ...
    (rec.audio.tech)