Re: Encoding problems DVD Maker

Could you clarify exactly what you mean by "hang indefinitely"? It would be
useful to know what is hanging how. If it's freezing the entire system
that's one thing, if it's just freezing DVD Maker that's another.

"rdb" <rdb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Sounds like everyone is getting farther on the publishing than I am. Prior
upgrading to SP1 I could get to 2.8% encoding on the publish to DVD. I
couldn't get anywhere on Publish to Computer. After upgrading to SP1 I get
13.2% on the publish to DVD and 9% on the Publish to Computer. At these
levels the computer just hangs indefinitely. Running Vista Home Premium.
Trying to publish a 4.5 min movie maker project. I've searched all over
the
internet and can't find a solution. Any ideas?

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

If it's freezing the entire computer this sounds like a video card driver
error. What video card do you have?

rights.
--
"tracee" <tracee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I'm having the same encoding problems. I make a movie with windows
movie
maker and then try to publish it with dvd maker. The program freezes
the
entire computer at 3% encoding. I can watch the movie on the computer
without
any problems but I can't turn it into a movie. I am getting very
frustrated
and any help would be greatly appreciated.

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

What do you define as "bomb out"? Is this a crash or does it just
cancel
the encoding?

rights.
--

"Jon" <Jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Here is my input on the situation.
I have been trying for the last 3 weeks to burn a DVD using various
Programs
in Windows Vista (32 Ultimate): WMM, Pinnacle, Adobe Premiere
Elements,
several open source alternatives as well. All in all I think I've
tried
about
8 different programs.
In each of them I get to 97% encoded (awesome progress compared to
some),
but in the end each attempt bombed out. It came down to this for me,
if
want to encode a DVD I cannot do it in Vista, I had to use an XP
machine I
had around.

Hopefully this issue is fixed with SP1 soon.

"Edward" wrote:

"Shax" <Shax@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schreef in bericht
To all...
After many hours of frustration with "Windows Movie Maker, & no
results, I
went out and purchased Pinnacle "Studio plus" version 11, with
outstanding
results. Give it a try, works well. Forget about "Windows Movie
Maker"
it's
absolute rubbish!
Regards,
Shax.

Not true, I have tried Pinnacle and WMM, I prefer WMM by far, but I
can
imagine frustrations if someone is no good with a program.

  • Project Preview
    ... as Movie. ... The timeline keeps freezing at various points, ... this out before saving to tape and to dvd. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • [REVIEW] Daves TF Movie Rant: Target Exclusive Case
    ... Target Special Edition 2007 Transformers Movie DVD Set ... A disclaimer, I rarely watch all the featurettes on a DVD, so I ...
    (rec.toys.transformers.moderated)
  • Re: New features coming for Blu-ray DVD format
    ... to compile that very long list of BD/HD movie ... as well as Blade Runner has repeat viewing merit; ... any of the DVD recuts of Blade Runner is far superior to the Lucas butchering of the original Star Wars series. ... While I only rented the HD-DVD versions because they were in high def, the home theater viewing just drew me into the film much more, and who among us doesn't enjoy a few hours of Cate in our homes. ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Re: capturing analog audio
    ... I have "Saved to My Computer" so I have the completed movie in MY Videos ... it opens immediately in Windows Media Player. ... With regard to the data DVD, I'm familiar with burning them (I use them for ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Re: Trying to make a DVD Movie -Im pressed for time and running out of patience!
    ... These will only be pictures, ... If you want to make a movie it is more complicated since a DVD requires the ... JPEG is the best format for compatibility with the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)