Re: Windows DVD Maker Shuts Down the Computer

A first place to start is to see if you have incompatible source (video
and/or audio) files. Try this URL:

http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutorials/MovieMaker/File_type_compatibility.htm

Another trick that sometimes works is to uncheck the boxes in Tools|
Options| Compatibility.

"Phil" <pgaley73@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have Windows Vista Home Premium and I've created a nine-segment
storyboard in Windows Movie Maker that covers about an hour and a half.

I inserted a blank DVD-R disc in the drive and selected DVD under Publish
To. I select Ok to open up Windows DVD Maker and select to burn the DVD.
It progresses along fine for a short while until it gets to the 5.6%
point.
Then it abruptly shuts down my computer.

What could be the cause of this? Any way to fix this problem? Thanks.

.