Re: Windows DVD Maker Shuts Down the Computer

A first place to start is to see if you have incompatible source (video
and/or audio) files. Try this URL:

http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutorials/MovieMaker/File_type_compatibility.htm

Another trick that sometimes works is to uncheck the boxes in Tools|
Options| Compatibility.

"Phil" <pgaley73@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have Windows Vista Home Premium and I've created a nine-segment
storyboard in Windows Movie Maker that covers about an hour and a half.

I inserted a blank DVD-R disc in the drive and selected DVD under Publish
To. I select Ok to open up Windows DVD Maker and select to burn the DVD.
It progresses along fine for a short while until it gets to the 5.6%
point.
Then it abruptly shuts down my computer.

What could be the cause of this? Any way to fix this problem? Thanks.

  • Re: Snap, Crackle and Pop
    ... Yes on using the WMV as the input file to either TMPGEnc or your DVD ... The audio codec used is the Windows Media Audio 9.1 Lossless - VBR Quality ... > Top 10 Reasons to Use Windows Movie Maker 2 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Re: MovieMaker Shuts Down and will not publish in Vista
    ... A first place to start is to see if you have incompatible source (video and/or audio) files. ... Another trick that sometimes works is to uncheck the boxes in Movie Maker| Tools| Options| Compatibility. ... When I hit publish to DVD, MS DVD Maker also shuts down. ...
  • audio/video problems
    ... I have windows movie maker 5.1 for windows xp and when I record a dvd using ... this program the audio and video are not sycronized. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • no audio from uploaded dvds
    ... I uploaded a dvd of my Nascar Driving experience using the wmv format. ... windows movie maker because the codec required to play this file was not ... I tried mpeg but it had no audio and wouldnt import ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • The Music Box, 2 DVDs, The Ultimate 2 DVD Collection for Musicians, Songwriters, Vocalists and Bands
    ... This is a 2 DVD Compilation of over 5 Gb of Midis files, Sheet Music, ... YAMAHA - (Plus Original Factory Preset Disk) ... Brian May Star Licks (Audio (WMF) and Tablature) ...
    (alt.guitar)