Re: Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center

HelpNeeded wrote:
Hello there

We can't play any DVDs on Windows Media Player 11 or Windows Media
Center.

We kept getting error messages like:

This disc is not formatted to play in this region.

This player is incompatible with the region marking of this disc.

Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because there is a problem
with digital copy protection between your DVD drive, decoder and
video card. Try installing an updated driver for your video card.

The same DVDs could be played using WMP 11 on Windows XP, AVS DVD
player, and Nero Showtime.

We are running Windows Vista Home Premium and have a NVIDIA GeForce
8800 GTS 512 graphic card.

Anyone can help, please?

Thank you.

HelpNeeded
================================
The following free software may be worth a try:

VLC media player
http://www.videolan.org/

The following articles will be useful also.

How to Fix VLC Media Player in Vista
http://tinyurl.com/5lzmm8
or...
http://tech-buzz.net/2007/05/21/how-to-fix-vlc-media-player-in-vista/

VideoLAN -
Using VLC Player Under Vista
http://tinyurl.com/2r6rrh
or...
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/using-vlc-player-under-vista/
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

--

John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

  • Re: Media Player 9 wont Play AVI files
    ... Can mplay32.exe still play AVIs on your system... ... What exact version of Windows Media Player are you using? ... to drag a DVD file with a .vob extension from a DVD to the Windows Media ...
    (microsoft.public.multimedia.windows.mediaplayer)
  • Re: DVDs wont play.
    ... Moreover, as I've said repeatedly, DVD playback works fine on my ... laptop and the quicktime player plays all the .mpg files that Media Player ... Your video card drivers, however, most probably did. ... the DVDs play fine in Intervideo's native DVD ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • RE: WMP 11 error C00D11B1
    ... You tried to play a .dvr-ms file (such as a file created by the Personal ... You tried to play a file type that is not supported by Windows Media Player. ... footage that I was previously able to play and "This video can't be ...
    (microsoft.public.multimedia.windows.mediaplayer)
  • Re: 0x8007001F error
    ... Can mplayer2.exe play MP3s still? ... "Heavy Traffic" by "Rocket Science" in Windows Media Player. ... >> install, and/or what settings did you change? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: DVD-RW drive problems
    ... Windows Media Player 11 does not come with the ability to play DVDs - you must purchase a plugin. ... "Robert M Jones" wrote in message ... Just installed my first DVD +/- RW drive and am encountering what I think are fairly standard DVD issues but I don't know the answers. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)