Re: Error Message when trying to send/recieve

What type of Yahoo mail account do you have?
a) free, US or Canada based
b) free, based in another country (which one?)
c) sponsored through your ISP
d) paid (Yahoo's "Mail Plus")

US-based free Yahoo accounts have webmail access only, no POP
access. Windows Mail handles POP mail but not Yahoo webmail.
Yahoo's solution is to pay them for premium "Mail Plus" service, see:
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/classic/mailplus/overview/
and use the special settings for that service:
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/classic/mailplus/pop/pop-14.html

If you need more help with this, just ask.

"najir khan" wrote in message news:2010123112049usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.yahoo.mail.com', Server: 'pop.yahoo.mail.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

  • Re: Yahoo blocking BT mails
    ... blocked access pending a password change. ... All the e-mail said was 'suspicious activity' which is ... It seems that if one device is logged on to the Yahoo mail account, and another tries to login it triggers the suspicious activity filter. ... In my case she had received an iPad as a Christmas present, and some kind relative had set up the mail client to access her Yahoo mail account. ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: Freecycle leads to Yahoo email woes
    ... Which is why it was failing at the Authentication stage, ... - though you can also use the Yahoo one, ... But they *were* arriving at the Yahoo Mail Account OK? ... All the time people use the Yahoo WebSite to access their eMails, ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: My fellow (Debian) Linux users ...
    ... a yahoo mail account are pretty likely to bounce from other ... See "Yahoo breaks every mailing list in the world including the ... mail did came through the lists, my original mail address, (I was ... subscribed to Debian user and Debian BSD and I'm still subscribed to ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: My fellow (Debian) Linux users ...
    ... a yahoo mail account are pretty likely to bounce from other ... See "Yahoo breaks every mailing list in the world including the ... mail did came through the lists, my original mail address, (I was ... subscribed to Debian user and Debian BSD and I'm still subscribed to ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Exchange and POP mail, each in seperate pst files??
    ... > Outlook 2002 with Exchange server plus my yahoo POP mail. ... > I have to use Exchange at work and also have my personal pop mail ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)