Re: Making receiver of email acknowledge receipt

Hi, Receivers...

That is voluntary on the part of the receiver - and I consider it an unwelcome intrusion most of the time and dangerous much of the time.

My Windows Live Mail is set to "Notify me..." when I get such a request and I almost always decline. Very few of my friends request receipts. And I sure don't want a SPAMMER to get a receipt confirming that the address he used is valid! That makes my address more valuable to him and to all the other SPAMMERS who might buy my address from him. :>(

In some business context, the setting might be useful - even valuable. But not for me - or for must users most of the time, probably.

I see that WLMail's latest public Beta version (build 15.3.2804.0607) , which I'm using, has an additional setting that MIGHT address my objection, but I haven't tried it and don't expect to. At Tools | Options | Receipts, the 3rd Radio button now says:

O Always send a read receipt
[ ] Unless it is sent to a mailing list and my name is not on the To or CC lines of the message

I've not yet figured out all the double-negatives in that line! :>(

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Receivers acknowledgement of email" wrote in message news:505843E8-0A3A-4B98-82FD-EEA8FE5B263D@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In Outlook you can set up so that the emails have to be acknowledged with a
return acknowledgement to the sender that you have received it. I cannot
find out how to do this with windows. Could you please direct me. Thank you

  • Re: Making receiver of email acknowledge receipt
    ... In Windows Mail... ... Tools - Options - Receipts ... "Receivers acknowledgement of email" wrote in message ... return acknowledgement to the sender that you have received it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Windows Media Center Remote and Guide CAN NOT change Comcast D
    ... as for the IR - you would need a Media Center ehome IR receiver. ... standard IR ports on computers are not ehome receivers. ... It is funny because I called them once before and they said that if I had Windows XP installed that the Windows Media Center Remote and Guide would change Comcast Digital channels. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: frustration with Solaris
    ... > Considering the age of those comments the OS almost certainly was Windows. ... different endianness needs to be byteswapped by the receiver. ... I used a 2-byte field in the header of each ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: OutputDebugString
    ... >Mike, thanks for investigating! ... I've been using Developer Studio as my ODS 'receiver': ... I wonder if it's the difference between Windows XP and Windows 98SE? ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Im missing a file in my windows folder and cant repair it.
    ... It then tells me to reboot with the windows xp install cd and pick repair ... The receiver agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Oxford Semiconductor ...