Re: Making receiver of email acknowledge receipt

Hi, Receivers...

That is voluntary on the part of the receiver - and I consider it an unwelcome intrusion most of the time and dangerous much of the time.

My Windows Live Mail is set to "Notify me..." when I get such a request and I almost always decline. Very few of my friends request receipts. And I sure don't want a SPAMMER to get a receipt confirming that the address he used is valid! That makes my address more valuable to him and to all the other SPAMMERS who might buy my address from him. :>(

In some business context, the setting might be useful - even valuable. But not for me - or for must users most of the time, probably.

I see that WLMail's latest public Beta version (build 15.3.2804.0607) , which I'm using, has an additional setting that MIGHT address my objection, but I haven't tried it and don't expect to. At Tools | Options | Receipts, the 3rd Radio button now says:

O Always send a read receipt
[ ] Unless it is sent to a mailing list and my name is not on the To or CC lines of the message

I've not yet figured out all the double-negatives in that line! :>(

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Receivers acknowledgement of email" wrote in message news:505843E8-0A3A-4B98-82FD-EEA8FE5B263D@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In Outlook you can set up so that the emails have to be acknowledged with a
return acknowledgement to the sender that you have received it. I cannot
find out how to do this with windows. Could you please direct me. Thank you

.