Re: problems receiving e mails - help!!

Thanks will try taking off the anti virus. I have managed to get rid of the
security box but still getting the error message.

I was hoping this was a temporary fault, but doesnt look like it, as its now
been 3 days. Having to access e mails via virgin media site : )
--
Sugary

"PropRod" wrote:

Chances are that it's your antivirus program. Disable it and try to receive
mail. If it works, you'll need to tweak the settings in the antivirus
program. I use Avast! and I just turned mail scanning off completely
because of this problem.

"Sugary1too" <sugar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi I have suddenly become unable to send and receive e mails.

I keep getting a "Windows Security" box pop up asking for a user name and
password. I am unable to get rid of this box, however my password is
correct
through my virgin media access to my blue yonder mail account.

I keep getting the following error message:-

Account: 'POP3.blueyonder.co.uk', Server: 'POP3.blueyonder.co.uk',
Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Protocol error.', Port: 110,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91

Can you help?

--
Sugary