Re: problems receiving e mails - help!!

Thanks will try taking off the anti virus. I have managed to get rid of the
security box but still getting the error message.

I was hoping this was a temporary fault, but doesnt look like it, as its now
been 3 days. Having to access e mails via virgin media site : )
--
Sugary

"PropRod" wrote:

Chances are that it's your antivirus program. Disable it and try to receive
mail. If it works, you'll need to tweak the settings in the antivirus
program. I use Avast! and I just turned mail scanning off completely
because of this problem.

"Sugary1too" <sugar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi I have suddenly become unable to send and receive e mails.

I keep getting a "Windows Security" box pop up asking for a user name and
password. I am unable to get rid of this box, however my password is
correct
through my virgin media access to my blue yonder mail account.

I keep getting the following error message:-

Account: 'POP3.blueyonder.co.uk', Server: 'POP3.blueyonder.co.uk',
Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Protocol error.', Port: 110,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91

Can you help?

--
Sugary

  • RE: Unable to Send and Receive e mails
    ... I keep getting a "Windows Security" box pop up asking for a user name and ... I am unable to get rid of this box, ... through my virgin media access to my blue yonder mail account. ... Secure: No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Please explain secure file deletion methods
    ... > other progs that claimed to overwrite previously deleted files but when I ... > seems to get rid of these files. ... that you need DOD compliant wiping of your hard drive, ... I'm all for security, however, there comes a point of diminishing ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Attacker damaged my system via ssh. I m shocked.
    ... my comment was more of "not really security". ... No, is not, is only getting rid of the entries in the log. ... scripts can then be changed to attack the port you used to _hide_ ssh on. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: IE6 stopped connecting to websites at 3 a.m. 30 March. Help!
    ... Does the behavior persist if you eliminate the router and connect directly to the modem? ... Server Error: 503 Service Unavailable. ... I run Norton Internet Security, and it did a liveupdate at about 1.30a.m, so ... getting Windows File Protection to check and if necessary restore all ...
  • Re: SP2 Auto Update annoyance
    ... Go into Control Panel/Admin tools/services and look for Security Centre. ... can disable it from there and get rid of your red shield. ... Any way to get rid of it and the pop up message that accompanies it ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)