Re: Accessing e-mail

Chances are that it's your antivirus program. Disable it and try to receive
mail. If it works, you'll need to tweak the settings in the antivirus
program. I use Avast! and I just turned mail scanning off completely
because of this problem.

"Frank Watts" <FrankWatts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:A53A7BFC-52A0-4F27-A449-8985271A3F39@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows Mail keeps asking me for authentication - not happened before.
Cancelled and received following error message

Account: 'pop3.blueyonder.co.uk', Server: 'pop3.blueyonder.co.uk',
Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Invalid Backend.', Port: 110,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91
--
Frank

.