Re: problems receiving e mails - help!!

Chances are that it's your antivirus program. Disable it and try to receive
mail. If it works, you'll need to tweak the settings in the antivirus
program. I use Avast! and I just turned mail scanning off completely
because of this problem.

"Sugary1too" <sugar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:602580E4-704E-48D8-B2BA-60D4BC6419C9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi I have suddenly become unable to send and receive e mails.

I keep getting a "Windows Security" box pop up asking for a user name and
password. I am unable to get rid of this box, however my password is correct
through my virgin media access to my blue yonder mail account.

I keep getting the following error message:-

Account: 'POP3.blueyonder.co.uk', Server: 'POP3.blueyonder.co.uk',
Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Protocol error.', Port: 110,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91

Can you help?

--
Sugary

  • Re: Cant receive mail - suddenly
    ... you'll need to tweak the settings in the antivirus program. ... Server Response: '-ERR Authentication failed', Port: 110, Secure: ... Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Accessing e-mail
    ... Chances are that it's your antivirus program. ... you'll need to tweak the settings in the antivirus ... Cancelled and received following error message ... Secure: No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cant start up:Blue screen error XP home edition
    ... and try and access your antivirus program and run it. ... >> antivirus program switch off system restore (how to switch off system ... >> Download this program from Microsoft anti spyware ... >> go to updates and run a full scan no need to change settings. ...
  • Do Antivirus Programs catch DLL files?
    ... I do not use an antivirus program. ... I DO use both hardware and software firewalls ... and am careful about IE settings and firewall settings. ... If these DLL files are corrupt, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: problem receiving emails
    ... Chances are that it's your antivirus program. ... you'll need to tweak the settings in the antivirus ... message I get when I try to use windows mail:The connection to the server has ... Account: 'WINDOWS MAIL', Server: 'MAIL.OPTONLINE.NET', Protocol: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)