Re: Can't receive mail

Chances are that it's your antivirus program. Disable it and try to receive
mail. If it works, you'll need to tweak the settings in the antivirus
program. I use Avast! and I just turned mail scanning off completely
because of this problem.

"JoanieG" <JoanieG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:5F6FE6EF-8D47-47E1-AB5A-F004E01C186D@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have problems receiving mail. I've worked through the trouble shooting
guidelines and nothing works. I get a Windows Security box requesting user
name and password but entering the details doesn't fix the problem The
strange thing is that sometimes after I have gone in and reentered details in
the Accounts Properties - Server tab it will down load them BUT NOT EVERY
TIME. The Error message below is the most common one that I get.

Account: 'mail.bigpond.com', Server: 'mail.bigpond.com', Protocol: POP3,
Server Response: '-ERR [IN-USE] account is locked by another session or for
maintenance, try again.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:
0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

Any ideas?????

  • Re: Cannot receive or send Windows Mail
    ... I haven't received any mail thru Windows Mail as yet. ... not sure how to delete the Rogers account and recreate Windows Mail account ... Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. ... Your receive failure is likely to be caused by your antivirus program. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: error 0x800CCC0B
    ... The connection to the server has failed. ... Account: 'postoffice.att.net', ... I checked my antivirus program and all seems to be well. ...
  • Re: Problem with set up
    ... If that's not enough, remove your email account under Windows Mail, ... Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. ... compatible antivirus program. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Re-Post - "the trust relationship between this workstation and the
    ... "the trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain ... only problem is adding a new user account on the station. ... Client computer must use STRICTLY the INTERNAL DNS server which can ... Attr: subschemaSubentry ...