Re: cant send

Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish

pop3 is not an account name. smpt is not a server name. (It should be smtp anyway).

Contact your ISP/Mail Server for the correct account settings.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"btm37" <btm37@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:23837D6B-5A44-40A6-A712-5108AA674829@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cant send emails, just keeps comming up with this.
The host 'smpt' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the
server name correctly.
Subject 'job number = 355', Account: 'pop3', Server: 'smpt', Protocol:
SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

  • Re: seeking some further insight concerning bad mail
    ... I did not try turning on the SMTP logging. ... > ensure that it is not open for relay. ... If not an account on the Exchange ... > From the Exchange Server 2000 System Manager, ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin)
  • Re: How to configure port number to for outgoing emails?
    ... My mail server provider requires usage of port no 465 instead of the ... or /etc/nail.rc), in the stanza that defines your email account, locate and ... your smtp server. ... When you defined the account, using the mailx "account" command, you defined ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Returned messages
    ... In Admin console go to Exchange-servers-protocols-SMTP-default SMTP ... or change SMTP logging to max then any authentication attempts against ... If a remote user is authenticating against the Small Business Server ... if the relaying appears to come from a hacked account ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • Re: replying to msgs using different accounts
    ... If you receive an email at home for me@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and reply to it, do you have to select in your account drop down list, your comcast acct since you are at home, or ... I set up 2 different accounts for someone to be able to receive his email for work - one acct uses the company's dsl providers mail servers for smtp, and the other uses their home account, which is Comcast. ... If he receives an email while connected at work, can he then go home and reply to it using the Comcast server? ...
  • Re: servers
    ... "So you need to find out if the work account has an authenticated SMTP server" ... Not even the authentication will be allowed to go through. ... Your home network appears to block your access to the work account SMTP ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)