Re: windows mails problem

You created folders in your Inbox ? Why? You should have created new folders outside of your Inbox. Something goes wrong like with what is happening to you at present is to be expected.

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"at10" <anshumant@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:9CDFADF4-AF68-4B63-8A5D-FD70CDE1A55C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have created many folders in my inbox. I regularly take back-up of my mails in external hard disk. Recently I had to do system recover due to virus problem and lost all my mails. I imported mails from my external hard disk along with all the folders intact.

Since yesterday I am facing a weird problem. 2 of my folders are acting funnily. If I click any mail in one folder, I see same matter for all the mails although I can see different subjects for each mail.

For other folder if I click any mail I see following message -

Message could not be displayed
Windows Mail encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check your computer for low memory or low disk space and try again.

Can anyone guide how to sort out these 2 problems ?
Regards,

Anshuman.

  • Re: Compacting folders
    ... Sent Items and Deleted items are more prone to corruption than user created folders largely because they are accessed more often. ... If the Inbox alone becomes corrupted, there is no reason to recover messages in the subfolders as they were not affected and their messages were not lost. ... Every folder has its own dbx file regardless of how the folder tree is structured. ...
  • Re: Compacting folders
    ... having sub-folders for these folders is not good practice, ... the Inbox. ... I am not sure that implying that Outlook Express has a 2 gb limit on ... while Good1 and Good2 each has its own dbx file and each dbx file has ...
  • Re: corrupted Inbox? Error 0x800C0133
    ... download mail on a regular basis. ... For your Inbox. ... Do not archive mail in default OE folders. ... download any e-mails to my inbox. ...
  • Re: [OT] Folders under INBOX (re: g)
    ... an email account's Inbox that has sub-folders. ... when thunderbird is trying to do maintenance on file for emails that have ... been moved elsewhere by filter action. ... in dragging folders to a new location. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: I lost emails from Jan 25,2006 through Dec 12, 2007
    ... Move any messages currently in your Inbox folder to another local OE folder you've created for this purpose. ... Move any messages that you want to keep out of Sent Items and Deleted items folders into other local OE folders that you've created for archiving old messages. ... In Windows Explorer using the file path obtained earlier locate ... the emails in your Inbox will be different. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)