Thank you for the info. Lets hope it is temporary - I have ben trying to
sort this out for most of the day, I was beginning to think I had picked up
some sort of virus, as it happened overnight
--
Sugary

"Viv" wrote:

I've just looked on the Virgin site and they are posting this [-

THIS JUST POSTED FROM MARK WILKIN
Email Outage Update *28/07/10*..on 28-07-2010 15:02

We'd like to apologise for the outage currently affecting our email systems,
this has been caused by equipment faults which have occured while we've been
replacing equipment responsible for yesterday's email outage. The outage
affects everyone trying to access their email via an email client on all our
email domains i.e. ntlworld.com, virginmedia.com, blueyonder.co.uk and
virgin.net.
So perhaps our problem is just temporary....?
"Viv" wrote:

Hi, Yes I've just started getting this today as well. I've entered my user
name and password over and over again, but the box keeps popping back up and
it won't let me send or receive emails. I'm getting the same error message.
I wondered whether it was anything to do with the Virgin updating that was
going on with Blue yonder?
Account: 'pop3.blueyonder.co.uk', Server: 'pop3.blueyonder.co.uk',
Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Invalid Backend.', Port: 995,
Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91
Let's hope that someone knows the answer to this one.
Viv

"Sugary1too" wrote:

Hi I have suddenly become unable to send and receive e mails.

I keep getting a "Windows Security" box pop up asking for a user name and
password. I am unable to get rid of this box, however my password is correct
through my virgin media access to my blue yonder mail account.

I keep getting the following error message:-

Account: 'POP3.blueyonder.co.uk', Server: 'POP3.blueyonder.co.uk',
Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Protocol error.', Port: 110,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91

Can you help?

--
Sugary

  • RE: problems receiving e mails - help!!
    ... We'd like to apologise for the outage currently affecting our email systems, ... I wondered whether it was anything to do with the Virgin updating that was ... Secure: Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91 ... through my virgin media access to my blue yonder mail account. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: CANNOT SEND OR RECEIVE MAIL
    ... Barbaraemarshall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx account. ... I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO USE WINDOWS MAIL FOR THE LAST TWO DAYS. ... I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE THAT SAYS I HAVE A SERVER ERROR NO. ... I HAVE DISABLED MY e-mail SCANNER IN ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Keeps Asking for Gmail Username and Password
    ... Windows Mail, then recreate the account. ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: userid/password
    ... that I have a bug in this account and suggest that I reset my windows mail. ... and verifying the settings with ... My ISP advised that all is in order with the settings. ... Secure: Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Error messages and unable to connect to windows mail
    ... Is your anti-virus application configured to scan incoming and outgoing mail? ... ~Robear Dyer ... can receive mail but contantly get the pop up box to sign on to my account, ... Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)