Unable to Connect After Upgrading Free Zone Alarm

On July 25 I upgraded my free Zone Alarm to the latest version. Since then I
have not been able to connect to my e-mail server in Windows Mail.

The Windows Mail Inbox comes up but in the lower right corner it says
"Authorizing". After a minute, a box comes up saying Your POP3 server has not
responded in 60 seconds. Would you like to wait another 60 seconds for the
server to respond. Server: pop.mindspring.com. When I click Stop I get the
message
Account: 'my address@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Mail Account', Server:
'pop.mindspring.com', Protocol: POP3, Port 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number
0x800CCC19.

Can anyone help me?
--
golfer2