RE: problems receiving e mails - help!!

I've just looked on the Virgin site and they are posting this [-

THIS JUST POSTED FROM MARK WILKIN
Email Outage Update *28/07/10*..on 28-07-2010 15:02

We'd like to apologise for the outage currently affecting our email systems,
this has been caused by equipment faults which have occured while we've been
replacing equipment responsible for yesterday's email outage. The outage
affects everyone trying to access their email via an email client on all our
email domains i.e. ntlworld.com, virginmedia.com, blueyonder.co.uk and
virgin.net.
So perhaps our problem is just temporary....?
"Viv" wrote:

Hi, Yes I've just started getting this today as well. I've entered my user
name and password over and over again, but the box keeps popping back up and
it won't let me send or receive emails. I'm getting the same error message.
I wondered whether it was anything to do with the Virgin updating that was
going on with Blue yonder?
Account: 'pop3.blueyonder.co.uk', Server: 'pop3.blueyonder.co.uk',
Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Invalid Backend.', Port: 995,
Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91
Let's hope that someone knows the answer to this one.
Viv

"Sugary1too" wrote:

Hi I have suddenly become unable to send and receive e mails.

I keep getting a "Windows Security" box pop up asking for a user name and
password. I am unable to get rid of this box, however my password is correct
through my virgin media access to my blue yonder mail account.

I keep getting the following error message:-

Account: 'POP3.blueyonder.co.uk', Server: 'POP3.blueyonder.co.uk',
Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Protocol error.', Port: 110,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91

Can you help?

--
Sugary
.