Re: Windows Mail

"Okocala" <Okocala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:3B97F014-1ABE-487A-9CC0-1ECC5A7AED80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Where do I locate the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows
Mail\Dont Show Dialogs on my Computer on Windows XP Home Edition?

Can you change 'Windows Mail' to 'Outlook Express' if you are using this
on
the above operating system?

I have lost the notification message on my Outlook Express 6 program.

In XP: Start>Run>Regedit

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{your identity number}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express\5.0\Dont Show Dialogs.

Find "Saved in Saved Items".

(Right click> modify.) And modify the value of "Saved in Saved Items" from 1 to 0.

If you are uncertain of working in the Registry then please get someone to do this for you.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

  • Re: Windows Mail
    ... Mail\Dont Show Dialogs on my Computer on Windows XP Home Edition? ... Can you change 'Windows Mail' to 'Outlook Express' if you are using this on ... I have lost the notification message on my Outlook Express 6 program. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Windows Mail
    ... Windows Mail program. ... Mail\Dont Show Dialogs on my Computer on Windows XP Home Edition? ... Can you change 'Windows Mail' to 'Outlook Express' if you are using this ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Problem with Send using Outlook Express 6
    ... I found that even though an attachment they open up in Windows Mail. ... Select Outlook Express and then check the box: Always use this program to open this kind of file. ... MS-MVP Outlook Express ... Show Hidden Files and Folders under Start | Control Panel | ...
  • Re: Problem with Send using Outlook Express 6
    ... No it is not Windows Mail. ... MS-MVP Outlook Express ... and Sent Items folders after you move any messages you wish to ...
  • Re: 0x800CCCF error message
    ... Initially when I first installed Outlook 2007 it automatically picked up the ... account info from Windows Mail (which has always worked - and was set up ... imported account did not have the correct "More Settings" enabled; ... 'My outgoing server requires authentication' was not selected. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)