Re: Windows Mail will not accept my username and password

I no longer receive any error messages. I simply am not receiving any of my
emails that I know have been sent to me, e.g. sending one to myself or asking
my husband to send one to me for testing. If I send one to my husband he
receives it. We both use the same computer as individual users with our own
passwords.
--
Elephants

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

I don't see anywhere in this thread where you were advised to change a setting.
Don't assume that advice given to someone else for their particular problem
also applies to you.

When you get that repeated prompt for username and password, click Cancel,
which should then produce an error message. Right-click on your error message,
copy, then paste it into a reply here. We can't do much troubleshooting without
the complete error message.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Mopane" wrote in message news:7E8A371A-158F-4AF5-AFDB-F5DC4BDD4B10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I too had this problem and then after several attempts at completing the
required information I cancelled it and now I find that whilst the message no
longer appears, I can send emails but am not receiving any. The strange thing
is that my husband who uses the same computer with his own email address is
able to send and receive emails. I have checked as you suggested and the "Log
on using Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled. What should I do now?
--
Elephants