Re: cannot send or receive emails

Should the, my server requires authentication, be checked on both the
outgoing and incoming?

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

Good to hear it is working.
However, the last error message you posted may indicate that you need to
check the following setting:

Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers.
Enable the "My server requires authentication" option.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"tam" wrote in message news:4B755F15-EB4E-4CBD-B78B-C813D9308CCE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It is working! I clicked off the SSL on the incoming and outgoing.

Thanks!

"tam" wrote:

Oh, I was not having this problem until I downloaded the last Windows update.
Do you think that may be causing the probem?

"tam" wrote:

When I spoke with my internet tech people, I was told to have both the
incoming and outgoing SSL checked. I took them off and here is the error
message

Account: 'pop.suddenlink.net', Server: 'pop.suddenlink.net', Protocol: POP3,
Server Response: '-ERR An authentication mechanism MUST be entered', Port:
110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

"...winston" wrote:

The earlier error message....

<qp>
Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): Yes
</qp>

--
....winston
ms-mvp mail

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote in message news:OxQYUpULLHA.4636@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Port 110, no SSL, which is the default.
The link winston gave you does not specify advanced ports or features, so
why are you attempting to use them?

  • Re: firewall setup to prevent Mydoom virus
    ... If I am using my ISP email server, ... all "NEW" state incoming should be ignored.) ... or outgoing pop3 over the internet side should be allowed). ... You should run very good antivirus on all machines, ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • [Full-disclosure] [GOATSE SECURITY] Clench: Goatses way to say "screw you" to certificate author
    ... Application layer authentication-inherent validation of public key ... Goatse Security’s new simple password-based authentication mechanism ... getting hundreds of thousands or millions of users to install a client ... client hashes locally and then sends the hash to the server. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Kerberos machine authentication - apparent authentication fail
    ... > until logon), the wireless connection can kick off when it is ready. ... > was confirmed in the server event logs with IAS (i set that up as the radius ... > as an ordinary user kicks in and takes over from the machine authentication. ... > while the network sorts itself out and a double click on a network link of ...
  • Re: Basic Authentication + IIS 5 + Windows 2000 + Frontpage 2002 = failure?
    ... SYSTEM account. ... In IIS I took the virtual server that I was testing, ... Authentication premise. ... From a website perspective, I ...
  • Need help configuring Wireless Connection profile
    ... I have an SBS 2003 server and a Server 2003 member server set up using RADIUS ... Windows authentication for all users,4129,LRG\ryanv,4149,Wireless WPA2 PEAP ... Certificate Services ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)