Re: cannot send or receive emails

Should the, my server requires authentication, be checked on both the
outgoing and incoming?

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

Good to hear it is working.
However, the last error message you posted may indicate that you need to
check the following setting:

Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers.
Enable the "My server requires authentication" option.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"tam" wrote in message news:4B755F15-EB4E-4CBD-B78B-C813D9308CCE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It is working! I clicked off the SSL on the incoming and outgoing.

Thanks!

"tam" wrote:

Oh, I was not having this problem until I downloaded the last Windows update.
Do you think that may be causing the probem?

"tam" wrote:

When I spoke with my internet tech people, I was told to have both the
incoming and outgoing SSL checked. I took them off and here is the error
message

Account: 'pop.suddenlink.net', Server: 'pop.suddenlink.net', Protocol: POP3,
Server Response: '-ERR An authentication mechanism MUST be entered', Port:
110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

"...winston" wrote:

The earlier error message....

<qp>
Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): Yes
</qp>

--
....winston
ms-mvp mail

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote in message news:OxQYUpULLHA.4636@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Port 110, no SSL, which is the default.
The link winston gave you does not specify advanced ports or features, so
why are you attempting to use them?