Re: Unable to send e-mails, help please

The error message says you are not connected directly to Cox. Is this a wireless computer? You may be running into a port 25 block.

Cox Blocking Port 25
http://support.cox.com/sdccommon/asp/contentredirect.asp?sprt_cid=777985a9-df9d-40bd-ab18-e6bb14c4329f
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"Suz" <Suz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:D675B69E-243C-44CC-9808-8B47E5305E04@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This is the error message I receive when I try and send e-mails. It happened
suddenly, as I was able to send them earlier in the day. Any help is
appreciated

The rejected e-mail address was 'John.Werbowski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'. Subject
'Re: FWB Rock Star Blitz Update', Account: 'pop.east.cox.net', Server:
'smtp.east.cox.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.1.1
<john.werbowski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> relaying not allowed', Port: 25, Secure(SSL):
No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79his is the error message I
receive when I try and send e-mails. It happened suddenly, as I was able to
send them earlier in the day. Any help is appreciated

--
Suz

  • Re: port 4125
    ... The error message indeed indicates that there is some process use the port ... then please try to logon to SBS server box to test the ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ... I attached a screenshot of the error message I receive. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: E-mail problem
    ... The connection to the server has failed. ... When you try to send or receive messages by using an Exchange server client, you may receive an error message. ... The client connects to a port that is blocked or unavailable on the mail server. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Another discussion of this
    ... Strictly speaking, this is not a port 25 block, as would have been ... InsightBroadband has some special settings for travelers that should help: ... PLEASE COPY & PASTE THE ERROR MESSAGE TO GET SPECIFIC ASSISTANCE. ... using the correct port settings as provided by the server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Unable to send/receive mail
    ... change port 995 to port 110. ... The connection to the server has failed. ... You can substitute the SMTP server belonging to your ISP. ... The following error message seems ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cant send or receive email?
    ... It would have been good to copy and post the error message you got ... Microsoft has specified the port numbers and associated SSL settings here: ... Your server names are correct, but not your port number and SSL. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)