Re: problem sending mail

The error "unexpectedly terminated" is usually caused by interference
from an antivirus program. Which antivirus are you running? Some of
them cause problems with Windows Mail over time. As a minimum,
email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off, although that may
not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects. In a worst case scenario,
your antivirus may need to be uninstalled/reinstalled or replaced.

Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
explained here:

"Maggie" wrote in message news:3E3BF534-494F-4188-95BE-AE2DD59F0FB2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I can receive mail but can not send, just keep getting this error code
inactivity. Subject 'Re: invoices', Account: 'business mail', Server:
'mail.dayusinc.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Socket
Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F
thank you for any help you can give me.

  • Re: Cannot Send Emails
    ... Norton Antivirus 2008 is among the top three troublemakers ... any problem from Windows Mail when I am at home or at my old office. ... Make sure you have send authentication enabled. ... The box for "My server requires authentication" must be checked. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Outlook Express
    ... Also, since Norton corrupted that account, there may be no improvement ... until you delete the account, restart Windows Mail, then recreate the account. ... Disabling the Norton's email scanning is sometimes insufficient. ... If that cured the problem, try reinstalling Norton Antivirus, but use 'custom' ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cant forward/send emails and log on keeps popping up
    ... Did you try Windows Mail while no antivirus was installed? ... Even disabling its email scanning is often not sufficient. ... Subject 'Fw: Anan Photos Etc', Account: 'Yahoo', Server: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Windows Mail Error Number: 0x800CCC0F
    ... Can you please tell me the antivirus that your recommend that is compatible? ... problems in Windows Mail even when their email scanning is turned off. ... Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Corrupted Windows Mail
    ... McAfee antivirus is among the top three troublemakers for Windows Mail. ... First of all, turn off email scanning in McAfee, although that is seldom sufficient. ... do a trial uninstall of the antivirus. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)