Re: Message decode please.

Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers.
Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled.

If no improvement, use the advanced ports and SSL option as specified here:
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/classic/mailplus/pop/pop-14.html

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Stephen" wrote in message news:4838914C-4346-49EC-895E-08C82FFCDEA4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi I can't send messages or log in on the "Windows Security" window. the
error message that comes up is as follows:-

Account: 'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com',
Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR popgate unknown command', Port: 110,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

Does anyone know what this means and what I've done wrong.

  • Re: synchronization problem HELP!
    ... You only supplied an error message for receiving, so I will address that aspect. ... In Windows Mail go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, ... Servers. ... If you have a separate sending problem, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Problem sending (only) mail in Vista-
    ... Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. ... right-click on the error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here. ... I did receive an error message at one time that I needed Yahoo Plus- ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Could not get mails from googlemail account into Windows mail
    ... Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... following error message comes. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your us
    ... by right-clicking on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here. ... Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. ... Uncheck the box for "Log on using Secure Password Authentication." ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: SQL 2008 maintenance jobs randomly failing
    ... I don't know the real cause of the errors as I have not seen that particular error message. ... And I am a little fuzzy as to exactly how you have this setup but it sounds like you are using SQL2008 MP's to talk to ones on the 2005 servers. ... My recommendation would be to throw away the maintenance plans and create your own scheduled jobs with plain TSQL to do the backups. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)