Re: Message decode please.

Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers.
Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled.

If no improvement, use the advanced ports and SSL option as specified here:
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/classic/mailplus/pop/pop-14.html

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Stephen" wrote in message news:4838914C-4346-49EC-895E-08C82FFCDEA4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi I can't send messages or log in on the "Windows Security" window. the
error message that comes up is as follows:-

Account: 'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com',
Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR popgate unknown command', Port: 110,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

Does anyone know what this means and what I've done wrong.

.