Re: cannot send or receive emails

Good to hear it is working.
However, the last error message you posted may indicate that you need to
check the following setting:

Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers.
Enable the "My server requires authentication" option.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"tam" wrote in message news:4B755F15-EB4E-4CBD-B78B-C813D9308CCE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It is working! I clicked off the SSL on the incoming and outgoing.

Thanks!

"tam" wrote:

Oh, I was not having this problem until I downloaded the last Windows update.
Do you think that may be causing the probem?

"tam" wrote:

When I spoke with my internet tech people, I was told to have both the
incoming and outgoing SSL checked. I took them off and here is the error
message

Account: 'pop.suddenlink.net', Server: 'pop.suddenlink.net', Protocol: POP3,
Server Response: '-ERR An authentication mechanism MUST be entered', Port:
110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

"...winston" wrote:

The earlier error message....

<qp>
Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): Yes
</qp>

--
....winston
ms-mvp mail

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote in message news:OxQYUpULLHA.4636@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Port 110, no SSL, which is the default.
The link winston gave you does not specify advanced ports or features, so
why are you attempting to use them?

  • Re: cannot send mail from Windows mail
    ... When a username/password combination doesn't work in Windows Mail, ... I mean I dont use it but as outgoing address for my ISP account. ... youir username and password are correct for your mail server". ... Ask your home ISP if they support SMTP on a port other than 25. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your userna
    ... messages telling me that "The server has rejected your login. ... start windows Mail, I can get new mail, send mail, delete mail... ... Here's my exact error message track: ... Windows Mail with my Gmail account today and I'm running into the same issue ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cannot send mail from Windows mail
    ... Enable your Gmail account for POP: ... Do not change the incoming server. ... Should O ask my ISP? ... Ask your home ISP if they support SMTP on a port other than 25. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: port 4125
    ... The error message indeed indicates that there is some process use the port ... then please try to logon to SBS server box to test the ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ... I attached a screenshot of the error message I receive. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Cant send emails HELP!!!
    ... > Secondly, if AVG is installed using the default install, its mail checking ... > restart Windows Mail and recreate the account. ... > error message, right-click on it, copy, then paste it into a reply here. ... have entered the server name correctly. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)