Re: Outlook 2003 won't send in Vista

Error 1919 on Outlook signifies a missing or corrupted registry key. DO NOT use any Registry Tools . If you do not know the Registry and what these tools are removing and altering then DO NOT touch it.

To rectify your issue you need to do the following

1st Rename Office subkeys

Note: Removing the following registry keys may reset customized user
settings for your Microsoft Office programs.

1. Close all the applications.
2. Click on Start->Run, type in REGEDIT and click on OK.
3. Locate and select the following registry subkeys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0

4. Right click on 11.0 and rename them to Old11.
5. Close the Registry Editor.

2nd. Detect and Repair Office 2003

1. On the Windows taskbar, click Start, point to and click Control Panel.
2. Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
3. Click Change/Remove Programs on the left pane.
4. Highlight Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 on the right pane
and click Change.
5. Insert the correct version of CD when it requires.
6. Select “Reinstall and Repair” and click Next.
7. Select “Detect and Repair errors in my Office installation”.
8. Click Install and wait the process to end.

Reboot and try Outlook
--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"tsquare" <tsquare.4ere1b@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:tsquare.4ere1b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm having the same issue as below. I contacted Verizon and verified
all of my account settings. I tried to reinstall Outlook and received
an Error 1919 message. I then tried a registry fixer which corrected
the problem until my computer updated and the same problem is happening.
I am convince that it is a problem with the registry but it gets broken
everytime Windows updates.

I have no desire to go mucking around in the registry unsupervised.

Any help would be appreciated.

T2

"Hi - my outbound SMTP in Outlook 2003 has stopped working completely,
and I am also running Vista. It used to work, till yesterday, and I have
checked and re-checked the setup - I get the very same error message on
any outbound mail. Note I am also running a Dell, though I have no
anti-virus presently (just firewall and Windows Defender).

Did you ever resolve this, or did you give up? Why do things just stop
working in Vista? (I can't use IE anymore, it's corrupted somehow, I use
Firefox instead.)

Any help gratefully appreciated..!"

--
tsquare
tsquare's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/250144.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Help with Outlook profile script
    ... I would like to have a script that checks if the correct Outlook profile is configured in the users profile. ... Outlook profiles are configured in the following registry key: ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: Outlook, no permission to logon
    ... Please check the RPC_Binding_Order registry value on the machine. ... The RPC_Binding_Order entry is created when you install the Outlook client ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... Please create a new profile on the workstation to test the issue, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • email attachments
    ... Outlook 2002 includes a new security feature that blocks ... attachments considered unsafe. ... Request that the sender rename the file extension and send ... the registry to customize the attachment security ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: not responding
    ... > For information about the differences between Microsoft Outlook Express ... This article contains information about modifying the registry. ... > Number registry subkey. ...
  • RE: Fax Notificatin.. TIF file open error
    ... Right click the folder you want to create the file in, ... We modify the following registry key to force Outlook to use a specific ... Start Registry Editor. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)