Re: cannot send or receive emails

Ensure SSL is not enabled for Port 110 on your incoming server(look on the email account's Properties ‘Advanced’ tab

http://mysuddenlinkbusiness.com/pdf/faq_emailsetupvista.pdf

--
....winston
ms-mvp mail

"tam" wrote in message news:69BC94A4-78BC-4F51-B3A2-397FC33BA9FE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

here is the recent error

"tam" wrote:

inactivity. Account: 'pop.suddenlink.net', Server: 'pop.suddenlink.net',
Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

thanks!

Yesterday, all of a sudden I couldn't send emails. Now today I can't send or
receive emails. I called my internet service, they walked me thru my settings
and say they are fine. What should I do next?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: cannot send or receive emails
    ... The connection to the server has failed. ... this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cannot send or receive emails
    ... "tam" wrote: ... Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. ... this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cannot send or receive emails
    ... Port 110, no SSL, which is the default. ... Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. ... this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Mail for one particular recipient keeps getting stuck in the outgoing queue
    ... Please contact your ISP to add a PTR record for your domain to their DNS server. ... Under the Service tab, check "Hide All Microsoft Services", and then click "Disable All" button. ... Please enable SMTP log first, reproduce the issue, then send the log to v-mzhuan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx: ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: ASP page will not load
    ... > using ASP. ... Internal Server Error, and in certain scenarios a 404 Page cannot ... Tools/Internet Options menu, and on the advanced tab, uncheck "Show friendly ... Follow with Apply/OK etc and get out of Internet Services ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general)