Re: Aol and Windows Mail

Thank you for the link, Steve. Where do I check these settings? I can't
find them on my computer.

"mac" wrote:

"Cynthia" <Cynthia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I accidentally activated Windows Mail and it has imported all of my AOL
mail....old and new alike. I can deal with that. However, I am unable to
send or reply or forward any mail through Windows Mail. Here is the error
message I receive:

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Fw: New Polital
Party--POP', Account: 'pop.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Protocol:
SMTP,
Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Can you help, please?

PS - If I want to deactivate Windows Mail, will I lose all of my AOL mail
it
has imported?

See
http://help.aol.com/help/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=217449

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

  • Re: Change font for printing email
    ... "mac" wrote: ... Internet Explorer and Windows Mail. ... The print settings for WM are set within IE>File menu>view>text size. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Gmail in Windows mail
    ... All other settings in the Windows Mail are as before. ... I can send and receive Gmail in the Windows mail. ... far away from the F-secure settings). ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Gmail in Windows mail
    ... I followed your suggested settings in the Windows mail program with the ... I alsoobserved that the problem is still there with the "enable pop" marker ... Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail ... The port settings are: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: error 0x800CCC0B - PROBLEM SOLVED : full inbox
    ... However it wasn't anything to do with Windows Mail or any settings or comcast. ... Then what made even more difficult to find the problem was that cpanel didn't report any usage for the account with the full inbox. ... "jim" wrote in message ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Gmail in Windows mail
    ... It has been my experience that registry cleaners cause more ... antivirus, reboot, then try Windows Mail again. ... I followed your suggested settings in the Windows mail program with the ... I alsoobserved that the problem is still there with the "enable pop" marker ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)