Aol and Windows Mail

I accidentally activated Windows Mail and it has imported all of my AOL
mail....old and new alike. I can deal with that. However, I am unable to
send or reply or forward any mail through Windows Mail. Here is the error
message I receive:

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Fw: New Polital
Party--POP', Account: 'pop.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP,
Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Can you help, please?

PS - If I want to deactivate Windows Mail, will I lose all of my AOL mail it
has imported?

  • Re: All Unread Messages are loaded into Inbox As Read
    ... configured Windows Mail for my AOL IMAP server and before I installed McAfee ... I have no other e-mil accounts besides the AOL ... I had the AOL account set up as a POP3 server and then switched to ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: still problems with my e-mail
    ... Change this in your Windows Mail AOL account settings: ... How do I use Microsoft Outlook Express 6 to read and send AOL e-mail? ... the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: how do I export windows mail back to my clients server "Veriz
    ... Verizon does not support IMAP. ... regarding the same thing but to AOL as oppose to Verizon. ... Just set up that same account again in Windows Mail, ... After a while the IMAP account will sync with the AOL server, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: how do I export windows mail back to my clients server "Veriz
    ... regarding the same thing but to AOL as oppose to Verizon. ... Just set up that same account again in Windows Mail, ... After a while the IMAP account will sync with the AOL server, ... emails will be available on AOL webmail. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Windows Mail - Rules?
    ... automatically moves email out of the InBox to an Old Mail folder after I've ... I did set up Windows Mail to read my AOL email but I don't remember how. ... able to set up rules to route incoming mail by sender to different folders. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)