Re: Windows Mail will not accept my username and password

I am getting the following message after I have attempted to sign in with my
username and password (which I have used on my providers site and it works no
problems) and then pressed cancelled.

Account: 'pop3.blueyonder.co.uk', Server: 'pop3.blueyonder.co.uk',
Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Protocol error.', Port: 995,
Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91

I use Virgin Media Security (as I have done so for the last 6 years) with
the email anti virus scan switched off. But it still doesn't work. Come on
Microsoft please help. There any many people experiencing the same problem!!!!
--
Colin from Castle Bromwich

"db" wrote:

db writes that error message is : " Account: 'pop.ntlworld.com', Server:
'pop.ntlworld.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Invalid Backend.',
Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number:
0x800CCC91" -does this tell you why I cannot access windows mail?

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

When you get that repeated prompt for username and password, click Cancel,
which should then produce an error message. Right-click on your error message,
copy, then paste it into a reply here. We can't do much troubleshooting without
the complete error message.

First, test your password by logging in to your provider's webmail
(using your Internet Explorer web browser). .
If that works, it proves you have the correct username and password.
A likely reason for the username/password failing in Windows Mail is
account corruption. One thing you should try as a possible quick fix is
to delete that corrupted mail account, restart Windows Mail, then
recreate that account.

If that doesn't fix it, more drastic measures will have to be taken.
Which antivirus are you running?
As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off,
although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.

For more on why email scanning in your antivirus is bad, see
:http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tutorials/email-scanning/index.htm

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"ladybug" wrote in message news:31C6405A-9300-4488-A5D0-48310D0CECE1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

When I sign into Windows Mail, it says authorizing. Then a message box pops
up asking for my username and password.