Re: cannot send or receive emails

No, Windows Mail is a complete replacement for Outlook Express.

You need to do more than just telling us you can't send or receive.
Do you get an error message when you try to send or receive? If so, right-click
on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"tam" wrote in message news:20FCDAF0-A870-4470-B47F-B2BFFAA02E4C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

this may be a dumb question..do you need outlook express on the computer to
run windows mail?

"tam" wrote:

Yesterday, all of a sudden I couldn't send emails. Now today I can't send or
receive emails. I called my internet service, they walked me thru my settings and they are fine.
this is my error message
The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.suddenlink.net', Server: 'pop.suddenlink.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995,
Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10051, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

.