Re: cannot send or receive emails

No, Windows Mail is a complete replacement for Outlook Express.

You need to do more than just telling us you can't send or receive.
Do you get an error message when you try to send or receive? If so, right-click
on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"tam" wrote in message news:20FCDAF0-A870-4470-B47F-B2BFFAA02E4C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

this may be a dumb question..do you need outlook express on the computer to
run windows mail?

"tam" wrote:

Yesterday, all of a sudden I couldn't send emails. Now today I can't send or
receive emails. I called my internet service, they walked me thru my settings and they are fine.
this is my error message
The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.suddenlink.net', Server: 'pop.suddenlink.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995,
Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10051, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

  • Re: I cant send emails with Outlook or Windows Mail
    ... I have used aapt as my Service Provider for a few months. ... Outlook to send and receive mails. ... received the same problem and error message. ... rather than windows mail and try to send the email. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • I cant send emails with Outlook or Windows Mail
    ... I receive the following error message everytime I send emails through my aapt ... I have used aapt as my Service Provider for a few months. ... Outlook to send and receive mails. ... rather than windows mail and try to send the email. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Error when sending group mailing
    ... If you really mean "Outlook" you are in the wrong newsgroup. ... The newsgroup to which you posted is for the Windows Mail program. ... We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: I cant send emails with Outlook or Windows Mail
    ... retest either WM or Outlook ... I have used aapt as my Service Provider for a few months. ... received the same problem and error message. ... rather than windows mail and try to send the email. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Error?
    ... it proves you have the correct username and password. ... As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off, ... Windows Mail, nor can I find much of a reason why I would want to, but my ... though sometimes we get this error message: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)