Re: Can't send e-mail

Comcast tech support is among the worst their is and you apparently spoke to a tech that can't even read Comcast's own instructions.

Change the SMTP port to 587 and make sure: My Server Requires Authentication is checked.

How do I set up/configure Outlook Express, Windows Mail & Windows Live Mail for Comcast email?
http://www.comcast.com/customers/faq/FaqDetails.ashx?Id=2288
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"Kenny D" <Kenny D@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:A8997797-CC10-494C-A040-06FF7C2A0EDF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I can receive but not send. Error message follows: The connection to the
server has failed. Subject 'Fw: Forward to Joanie', Account:
'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
I have validated with my ISP provider that all the settings are correct.
Please advise.

  • Re: email
    ... Change the SMTP port to 587 and make sure: My Server Requires Authentication is checked. ... How do I set up/configure Outlook Express, Windows Mail & Windows Live Mail for Comcast email? ... Secure: No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: WINDOWS INBOX WILL RECIEVE BUT NOT SEND, I NEED HELP
    ... My computer is doing the same thing, I changed the SMTP port to 587 and made sure the Authentication was checked and it still doesn't work. ... Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. ... 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure: No, Socket Error: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cannot send email
    ... Change the SMTP port to 587 and make sure: My Server Requires Authentication is checked. ... How do I set up/configure Outlook Express, Windows Mail & Windows Live Mail for Comcast email? ... Port: 25, Secure: No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cant send email with error code
    ... Change the SMTP port to 587 and make sure: My Server Requires Authentication is checked. ... How do I set up/configure Outlook Express, Windows Mail & Windows Live Mail for Comcast email? ... Secure: No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cant send messsages in window mail
    ... Change the SMTP port to 587 and make sure: My Server Requires Authentication is checked. ... MS-MVP [Mail] ... Here is the error message. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)