Re: Can't send e-mail

Comcast long ago changed the recommended outgoing port from 25 to 587,
but many customers seem to have ignored that announcement.
Make sure your settings agree with this::
http://www.comcast.com/Customers/FAQ/FaqDetails.ashx?Id=2288

Note also that "My server requires authentication" must be checked.
Although those instructions were written for Outlook Express,
Windows Mail uses the same settings.

If you still get an error after implementing those changes, post it here
for our analysis.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Colin" wrote in message news:EE88C96F-6EDB-41BF-9AEA-3EF0139B87D5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I too am receiving the same message. I have followed all the instructions
given by Gary VanderMolen and other including but I am still having the same
problem. Logging onto my email account through my provider works without any
problem. The problem for whatever reason appears to be Microsoft related and
nothing to do with your provider. It's interesting that many people are
having the same problem!!!!
--
Colin from Castle Bromwich

"Kenny D" wrote:

I can receive but not send. Error message follows: The connection to the
server has failed. Subject 'Fw: Forward to Joanie', Account:
'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
I have validated with my ISP provider that all the settings are correct.
Please advise.

.