RE: cannot send or receive emails

this may be a dumb question..do you need outlook express on the computer to
run windows mail?

"tam" wrote:

Yesterday, all of a sudden I couldn't send emails. Now today I can't send or
receive emails. I called my internet service, they walked me thru my settings and they are fine.
this is my error message
The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.suddenlink.net', Server: 'pop.suddenlink.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10051, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

  • Re: Newsgroup not starting at top, and how to import old emails from OE
    ... Import messages into Windows Mail from Outlook Express ... DBX files have names corresponding to their email mailbox; for example, common names are Inbox.dbx, Sent Items.dbx, Drafts.dbx, and Deleted Items.dbx; Folders.dbx stores the master index for all the mailboxes; if it is missing, Outlook Express will re-index the mailboxes and recreate it ... But I see that it says OE will recreate the index, and not Windows Mail. ... But I have a huge number of emails going back to about 2003, and even though they are organized in folders such as Inbox2006Q2, some of the DBX files are as large as 250 MB. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: message stuck in outbox & Yahoo.com mail site problems
    ... Do you mean that Yahoo emails ... If so, you can change that default in Windows Mail: ... Accounts, select your Yahoo mail account, Properties, Advanced, ... Stuck in Outbox, said one or more messages in your otbox do not have a valid ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: message stuck in outbox & Yahoo.com mail site problems
    ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... Do you mean that Yahoo emails ... If so, you can change that default in Windows Mail: ... Accounts, select your Yahoo mail account, Properties, Advanced, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Incoming mails lost in Windows Mail
    ... I know it doesn't seem logical, but if you recreate the accounts as Steve mentioned, that sometimes "resets" something that is just a little "off" and makes a difference in the messages showing up or not - despite the count. ... Please also confirm that the rules and junkmail settings (aswell as all other Windows Mail settings) are also saved before I go ahead. ... imports all your WM accounts, settings, folders and emails. ... I received on another account at work and transfered it to my Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: message stuck in outbox & Yahoo.com mail site problems
    ... I can still get the emails on the Yahoo.com site. ... downloaded in Windows Mail are removed from the Yahoo server? ... Accounts, select your Yahoo mail account, Properties, Advanced, ... Stuck in Outbox, said one or more messages in your otbox do not have a valid ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)