Windows Mail wouldn't send, now it won't receive

Windows Mail suddenly stopped sending email, as I have tried to fix the
problem, now it won't receive mail either. I thought it was my AVG, so I
uninstalled AVG, and tried again. No go. It didn't matter if I have my AVG
installed or not, Windows mail won't work. I have also had problems with when
I have the AVG installed, I cannot turn off the email scanning for incoming
or outgoing mail. Even if I uncheck everything, trying to disable the email
scanning, it still keeps saying it is on. It doesn't matter if I turn it off
through the tools/Advanced Settings/Email, or through Email Scanner, and
uncheck both Scan incoming messages & Scan outgoing images, it still says
"Email Scanner is active". Here is the error messages-

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test email', Account:
'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net',
Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes,
Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Oh, I also tried port 110 which was the initial setting for the second one,
so the message used to say Port:110 .

Please help!

Becky in NC

  • Re: Windows Security Pop-Up Requires Logon for WinMail Retrieval
    ... To see if Verizon is the cause of the problem, get a free Gmail account: ... AVG has a problematic email scanner that doesn't completely ... While AVG is uninstalled, try Windows Mail again, just to see if AVG was ... inclined to blame Verizon, I am more certain that the problem lies with MS. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cant send mail with windows mail
    ... Uninstall AVG, then reinstall, but be sure to choose the 'custom' install ... connection to the server has failed. ... > Subject 'Angels at Heart', Account: 'Main Email Account', Server: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: problems receiving emails
    ... While AVG was uninstalled, did you do that last part of my recommendation: ... "delete that account, restart Windows Mail, then recreate the account."? ... If Windows Mail continues to misbehave for you, ... If so, uninstall it, then reinstall, but select 'custom' install, which then ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Windows Mail suddenly started asking for sign on information.
    ... That's a different error message than you got before. ... At least your Windows Mail is able to talk to the server now. ... Uninstall AVG 8.5, reboot, then try Windows Mail again. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Download emails from ig.com.br to Windows Mail
    ... The connection to the server has failed. ... AVG antivirus was installed with its default install option. ... If so, uninstall it, then reinstall, but select 'custom' install, which then ... Today I tried to download my emails to Windows Mail. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)