Re: Suggested Recipients not in Address Book

That special list of contacts is known as the auto-complete feature.
Windows Mail does not auto-complete from your regular contacts.
It uses a separate list of the last 29 recipients you've sent mail to.

You can delete the entire auto-complete list as follows:
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/245/1/How-to-clear-the-email-auto-complete-entries-in-Windows-Mail.html

Or try this other utility to selectively remove some unwanted addresses:
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/264/1/Utility-to-clear-recently-used-email-addresses-in-Windows-Mail.html

The newer replacement email program, Windows Live Mail, uses the
standard contacts list for auto-completion. You are encouraged to upgrade to it:

http://download.live.com/wlmail

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"kfc" wrote in message news:1B3E564D-F1E1-4287-ACDD-E0F24E10AB71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

When I type a letter in the To box, a list of recipients is suggested to me,
some of them are not in my address book e.g. my Windows Live login email, and
I would like to remove this from the list. How can I do it?

  • Re: Another stupid question re. Contacts
    ... auto-complete fills in the rest. ... That feature works much better in Windows ... when I go to Contacts and then choose a recipient that I find it cumbersome. ... Remove a few KB of very useful code for an optional feature that can't possibly cause any problems, all to make room for dozens of gigabytes of eye-candy? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Windows Mail questions
    ... Windows Mail does not auto-complete from your contacts. ... First time using VISTA & Windows Mail....alll I knew was Outlook Express ... Was on the phone for hours with Sony support (Microsoft advised me to ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: 2 Different Contact Lists in Windows Mail?
    ... That is known as the auto-complete function. ... Windows Mail does not auto-complete from your contacts. ... You are encouraged to upgrade to the newer WLM program: ... a different list appears from the one that opens if I go ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: 2 Different Contact Lists in Windows Mail?
    ... the list of contacts that opens when I click on Windows Contacts through the ... Tools pull-down menu. ... That is known as the auto-complete function. ... a different list appears from the one that opens if I go ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
    ... Windows Mail does not auto-complete from your contacts. ... when i forward an email or write an email to multiple people, ... express, but unfortunately windows live is the new outlook express, i guess i ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)