Re: Can't setup new email account

try to contact your internet provider and ask them to give your incoming and outgoing server name.
"Birdie" <Birdie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:758C224A-33D9-4600-9C0A-52098600BD94@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am trying to set up a new email address. I have duplicated exactly my
other 2 addresses properties but it won't work. When I click on send/receive
everything is fine with the first 2 email address but with the new one it
asks for username and password. It won't accept what I enter, so when I
cancel, the error I get is copied below:

Account: 'pop.embarqmail.com (2)', Server: 'pop.embarqmail.com', Protocol:
POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Invalid login or password', Port: 110,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

I am using AVG Anti-Virus Free .Hope someone can help. Thank you.
Birdie

  • Re: How can I set up my email STMP and POP servers?
    ... Incoming e-mail server type ... Briefly the display name doesn't matter, your email address does, it must be right, you cannot just invent one and the provider wi give you this. ... The outgoing server is what takes messages you create and tried to pass them along to the recipient's incoming server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Hotmail in Windows Mail etc
    ... Outgoing Port 587 and SSL are used for the outgoing server ... Incoming port 995 and SSL are used for the incoming server ... you outgoing server is set to requires authentication and set to use the same logon as incoming or enter the full username and pw manually in the outgoing server authentication settings. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cant send forwarded or replied to messages in Outlook 2003
    ... I do have my outgoing server set to authenticate using ... Progress box shows 2 outgoing servers and 2 incoming? ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: microsoft exchange and outlook express pop3
    ... then outgoing server is checked for use same settings as incoming ... server, and my SMTP requires auth.. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
  • Re: unable to setup Outlook 2002 new email account
    ... I am not using sbcglobal.net email account. ... > Are you using newuser@sbcglobal.net as the username for the incoming ... > the incoming server? ... > outgoing server on the Outgoing Server tab of the accounts properties ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)