Re: Hotmail toMSmail

If you mean, set up a Hotmail email account in your Windows Mail program, see

http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry
Use port 587 rather than port 25 for the SMTP server.

To give you a bit of history, Windows Mail doesn't support HTTP mail,
which for a long time was the only allowed access method for free Hotmail
accounts. Also, since Windows Mail development was frozen in July 2006,
it is not aware that Microsoft enabled POP access for free Hotmail/Live
accounts in Feb. 2010. Consequently, the Windows Mail account setup
wizard is hard-coded to reject Hotmail and MSN addresses.To get around
that limitation, when you enter your Hotmail/MSN email address initially,
use a fake domain, such as me@xxxxxxxxxxxxx After the account setup is
complete, you can go back into the settings and correct your email address.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"bruce" wrote in message news:#wG646tKLHA.3732@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

How do I get my hotmail to my microsoft mail box?

  • Re: Cant configure Outlook 2007 with Gmail or hotmail running Vista
    ... Windows Mail cannot access any webmail account, like most Yahoo and Hotmail ... Microsoft Offices Outlook 2007 for software. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Problem to receive my hotmail message in windows mail
    ... Are you using the correct Pop3/Smtp settings for a Hotmail account in Windows Mail ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Well that sucks!!!
    ... from laptop running XP to this pc running Vista and Windows Mail. ... Can't set it up to access my Hotmail account like could in XP, ... Was no problem using XP but are you running Vista? ... I believe it's because I've had the account so long as I seem to remember years ago them eliminating access that way to new signups. ...
  • Re: cannot connect to pop3 server
    ... Are you concerned about setting up your Hotmail account in Windows Mail? ... Use port 587 rather than port 25 for the SMTP server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Email attachments
    ... You can set up a Hotmail POP account in Windows Mail ... Windows Mail's new account wizard is hard-coded to reject Hotmail addresses. ... I never used to have any probs attaching photos to my emails.. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)