Re: email

Your mail server gives you that information.

Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish

Is this for your Yahoo account?

To set up Yahoo in Windows Mail, you need a Yahoo Plus account.
http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/enhancements/mailplus

Configure Windows Mail to connect to Yahoo Mail Plus
http://www.vista4beginners.com/Windows-Mail-Yahoo-Mail-Plus
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"bake" <luther_baker@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:OruiBcnKLHA.5424@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
how to fine incoming server type and out going stmp name to set up email?

  • Re: message stuck in outbox & Yahoo.com mail site problems
    ... You were right - I did mean that Yahoo emails were no longer showing up ... change the Properties to leaving a copy on the server so now I can get those. ... Subject 'yoohoo', Account: ... downloaded in Windows Mail are removed from the Yahoo server? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: unsent messages in outbox have smtp and pop3 errors
    ... you CAN NOT use your Yahoo account for sending via ... Yahoo doesn't allow it unless you pay them extra. ... for sending via Windows Mail is to use it with one of the other ... If the smtp and pop3 are not valid mail server names, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: error in mail setup
    ... I see you posted with a Yahoo email address. ... Windows Mail handles POP mail but not Yahoo webmail. ... Use a free Gmail, AOL, or Hotmail/Live account. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Window Mail
    ... It means you failed to set up a valid mail account in Windows Mail. ... I see you posted with a Yahoo email address. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: help with setting up windowsmail with vista
    ... US-based free Yahoo accounts have webmail access only, ... Windows Mail handles POP mail but not Yahoo webmail. ... Use a free Gmail, AOL, or Hotmail/Live account. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)