Re: Error msgs when "sending" messages.

Regarding the error message "Your message does not conform
to RFC2822 standard":
That error can be caused by interference from an antivirus program.
Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with
Windows Mail over time. As a minimum, email scanning in the
antivirus should be turned off, although that may not be sufficient to
eliminate all bad effects. In a worst case scenario, your antivirus
may need to be uninstalled/reinstalled or replaced.

Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
explained here:

It is puzzling that you are also getting the error message that the
host smtpauth.earthlink.net could not be found. That host (server)
most definitely does exist. I just checked, and it was responding.

"Dano" <Dano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:C5DE7CA6-7E2C-489C-8AEF-EBB83FEE4043@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lately, when I've beenn trying to send out messages, I get the following
messages. I've gotten similar errors while sending in the past as well. I can
receive messages fine. (I have contacted the ISP provider, as far as I knew,
the problem had been "fixed," until these came up.)

An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'pop.earthlink.net', Server:
'smtpauth.earthlink.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 Your message
does not conform to RFC2822 standard', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Server
Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC69

The host 'smtpauth.earthlink.net' could not be found. Please verify that you
have entered the server name correctly.
Account: 'pop.earthlink.net', Server: 'smtpauth.earthlink.net', Protocol:
SMTP, Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number:
0x800CCC0D

The host 'smtp.earthlink.net' could not be found. Please verify that you
have entered the server name correctly.
Server: 'smtp.earthlink.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

(As far as that last suggestion, the only option available Is to come to
this community chat!)

  • Re: im being held in memory
    ... How can I harden my computer or server to secure it from hackers? ... Use firewall software and hardware and antivirus software that is ... Follow the instructions for hardening Windows and IIS at ... Install all service packs and security fixes from Microsoft and otherwise ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Vista Email issue
    ... Which antivirus program did you 'delete'? ... Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. ... I am able to surf the web without resetting the router. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: New Server Secure Enough?
    ... > I'm going to run one of my machines as an IIS web server, ... where to get a firewall and antivirus program are all below: ... You can also use the NETSTAT -A command that comes with Windows to look at ...
  • Re: OK...so I installed the Windows Live mail and all its "stuff".
    ... Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. ... Problem used to be caused by Norton AntiVirus software. ... I converted over to Windows OneCare Live back in January and never had ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Can not Send Email from a Bellsouth Account
    ... Trend Micro antivirus is among the top three troublemakers for Windows Mail. ... At times I get the error message that my SMTP Server has not responded in 60 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)