Re: How to set up windows email

"hannah" <jjeremiah_2911@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:eaZI3iXKLHA.4120@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Please help me set up windows email for me to send and receive email.
thank you

I see that you posted here with a Yahoo address.

Is this a free US based Yahoo address? If so it will not allow POP3 access,
so it will not set up in WM.

You need to purchase a Yahoo Plus account, see,
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/classic/mailplus/overview

And use the settings described here:
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/classic/mailplus/pop/pop-14.html

If you are trying to set up a different account then please copy & paste any
complete error message that WM produces.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

  • Re: Help cant email pages
    ... If you only have a Yahoo account you will not be able to do this - you will need a Yahoo PLUS account. ... IE is trying to access Windows Mail. ... Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure: No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: I cant send emails
    ... "Papi Abu" wrote in message ... Is this a free US based Yahoo address? ... If so it will not allow POP3 access, so it will not set up in WM. ... [DTS] ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Creating a new profile
    ... Do you pay for a Yahoo Plus account? ... Free yahoo.com can't be used with Outook or any POP mail client. ... ISPs like AT&T and British Telecom contract with Yahoo to host their mail for them and subscribers to those services get a Yahoo Plus account as a part of that service. ... Sometimes these updates can affect Outlook. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: Cannot Send Email
    ... To set up Yahoo in Windows Mail, you need a Yahoo Plus account. ... The connection to the server has failed. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Why wont it accept my yahoo password?
    ... Is this a paid Yahoo Plus account? ... You can't access a free Yahoo account with Outlook or any other email client without help: ... YPOPs! ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)